Basement Players’ Emergency Top 10 Explanations for New Gear

sprint

Axe-Master
Here’s a handy list for all you basement players who own way too much gear to justify your current playing skill level, and who sometimes find yourselves put on the spot and trying to explain new gear to your significant others who notice "a new thingy over there". After memorizing this list, and destroying any references to it, you can use it should any emergencies arise that require a quick response. Feel free to post your favs below:

10 - "Oh!, that was on sale at an unbelievable price!"

09 - "Ya!, I needed to get rid of some gear so that was part of a trade-in deal at ..."

08 - "Remember last year when I built that cabinet there - well the new amp is part of that project - all finished now"

07 - "What thingy?"

06 - "It’s an investment - I’ll be able to sell it for a lot more next year"

05 - "Hmmm, I don't really remember when I got that, hmmm"

04 - "I don’t drink, smoke, or have thoughts of hanky panky with other ladies, so luckily, this is my only addiction, and subject to budgetary margins"

03 - "Oh I’ve had that for a while! - I move things around every now and then - you probably didn't notice it when it was over there (points to obscure corner) - c'mon, I'll buy ya dinner".

02 - "That’s an item which is essential for me to reach my full potential"

01 - "I need it for my mental health"

Well... I definitely think about hanky panky with other ladies..... but I don't act on it of course.

That means I can spend £2000 on a Revv Generator 100R MK3 doesn't it??

Well... I definitely think about hanky panky with other ladies..... but I don't act on it of course.

That means I can spend £2000 on a Revv Generator 100R MK3 doesn't it??
Well that seems quite reasonable and logical to me - in fact, I would suggest throwing in the new Revv Tilt OD pedal to save on overall shipping and thus, reduce household expenses.

My pseudo son-in-law works with a recording studio owner a lot and told his wife he was storing some gear for the owner. So, yeah, “I’m storing gear for a friend.” works. Unless she knows the friend too.

The only one that really needs an explanation in my house is my bank account. The thought of that inhibits a lot of purchases that never were.

Nice one!, I'm gonna try it next time:

Spouse: "that looks like a new thingy I haven't seen before!"

Me: "what?, where?, which?"

Spouse: "that one, with the pretty lights!"

Me: "oh ya, that, I've had that for ages - very collectable - resale value increasing every day".

Spouse: "but why do we need all this stuff just for you to strum a few tunes?".

Me: "because we fookin can ya fookin twit ya!"

Hmm, Well, on the other hand - maybe that won't work so good now that I've pondered it a bit - I'll keep it as a last resort option though.

Back
Top Bottom