AFIII Bark at the Moon - Jake E. Lee Guitar Solo + Patch

diezel013

Inspired
Spent some time learning this solo today... I've been digging the JCM800 model... If I'm being honest I'm not sure what gear Jake used, but to me this worked well. I've set a dry, wet and flanged scene for your convenience. Hope you dig how it came out :) I appreciate all the love & support... Diego

Attachments

• Diego JCM800.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 132
You guys make this shit look so easy! If I only heard this, as opposed to seeing you play it, I'd have been thinking, That's sounds like it must've been the recorded solo before they put the finishing touches on the mix. Sounds exactly like it to me. Not just the playing, but the tone & effects as well. Super job!!

You guys make this shit look so easy! If I only heard this, as opposed to seeing you play it, I'd have been thinking, That's sounds like it must've been the recorded solo before they put the finishing touches on the mix. Sounds exactly like it to me. Not just the playing, but the tone & effects as well. Super job!!
Appreciate the kind feedback... As a student of music/guitar I try to dissect all the elements of the music and performance. But ultimately the most important thing is to play music and have fun. Cheers :)

I saw Ozz on the BATM tour, and Jake was so much fun just to watch! He commanded that stage, like a total rock star! He had a great look, and effortlessly played not only his own songs, but Randy's as well. I remember him playing some of RR's stuff differently, like w/o a trem, and I was just dumbfounded! I came away with a much deeper appreciation for his work, because to my ears, the studio recordings didn't quite convey just how talented he was (to me, anyway.) I was in the 2nd row at the Largo Capital Centre, right in front of Jake!

I saw Ozz on the BATM tour, and Jake was so much fun just to watch! He commanded that stage, like a total rock star! He had a great look, and effortlessly played not only his own songs, but Randy's as well. I remember him playing some of RR's stuff differently, like w/o a trem, and I was just dumbfounded! I came away with a much deeper appreciation for his work, because to my ears, the studio recordings didn't quite convey just how talented he was (to me, anyway.) I was in the 2nd row at the Largo Capital Centre, right in front of Jake!
That's badass man... I've never seen him live, and wasn't around in those days, but from the live concert footage I've seen of Jake with Ozz, I can imagine it must have been a sight (and sound) to behold. Jake, Brad Gillis, Zakk... all incredible. Ozzy has a knack for hiring great players.

Yes! Best live guitarist I have ever seen in the rock world. Total Guitar Ninja.

I saw him on the Ultimate Sin Tour. Mesmerizing.

I saw Ozzy with Randy Rhoads twice, Brad Gillis 7 times and Jake 5. As said previously, jake really did rock and looked every bit the part (which is why I believe he got the gig over George Lynch who didn't). What great players...

I saw Ozzy with Randy Rhoads twice, Brad Gillis 7 times and Jake 5. As said previously, jake really did rock and looked every bit the part (which is why I believe he got the gig over George Lynch who didn't). What great players...
7 TIMES! Damn. Brad was only with him for a short time. Were you on the tour? ;)

a few years later, I got to know Bernie Torme quite well and he used to let me play the Blue vintage strat that Ozzy had given him as a 'thank you' for doing the gigs immediately after Randy passed - best guitar i have ever played

Back
Top Bottom