Baritone preset ideas

patrickrussell

Inspired
I love the tones in this video. particularly the cleans and the early lead stuff. the heavy stuff is pretty great too. anyone have some good baritone presets for humbuckers you wouldn't mind sharing? or pointers in making my own that get close to this? I know what I like for my standard guitars but those aren't working right for my bari (a PRS SE 277). I'm new to baritones and I know very little about amps aside from the few that I've been lucky to have before moving into the AX8.

For anyone who may be curious, I found the creator's email on his Instagram (links on the video) and shot him a note. Here's his reply.

Hello, and thank you so much for the kind words! I would share if I could, but unfortunately I don't have the unit anymore. I am changing up my rig, and sold it to fund other stuff.

I do however remember that I used the CAE clean channel, celestion greenback IR, a little chorus and reverb. My "secret" for any sound, is that I put an 808 overdrive in front of the amp with gain on 0, tone midway and level all up to push the amp. If you listen closely it has a very subtle break-up in the tone.

I am sure you can get it close this way, but you MUST use a great IR, like Celestion, and greenback with 121 an 57mic are my go-to!

Back
Top Bottom