Baritone Post Rock - Plexi 50W, Brit 800, Zilla and new ML Bass cab pack in Drop A

shaunb

Experienced

While making presets for my new baritone I thought I'd go through the factory presets and swap the cabs out for the my favourite Zilla IRs out of curiosity to see if I'd luck upon a winning combination.

I came across factory preset 271 "Detune Plexi" which sounded awesome with the low tuning and the Zilla cab. I liked it so much that it spawned an entire song. The first half of the song is on the neck pickup and switches to the bridge pickup when things get heavier. A Brit 800 is added to heavy the ending up a little more as well.

I'm not great at categorising music, I guess you'd call this post rock?
There's a moody heavy rock element and some ambient textures there too.

IRs used are ML Zilla Flattest and ML Zilla All Mix from the ML Sound Lab Zilla cab pack.
And I've just been given the OK from Mikko to reveal that the bass on this track was recorded with a couple of IRs from a new Bass cab pack from ML Soon Lab.

Any guesses what it might be?

Mikko will give you guys the details, that's right, soon.

Last edited:
Great tone and beautiful and deep atmosphere, it kinda reminded me some Pink Floyd vibe at some certain parts of your music. Nice job buddy :).

UPDATE:
I've just been given the OK from Mikko to reveal that the bass on this track and the previous 3 tests I've posted where recorded with a couple of IRs from a new Bass cab pack from ML Soon Lab.

Any guesses what it might be?

Mikko will give you guys the details, that's right, soon.

Definitely sounds like Post Rock to me, maybe not as "epic" as some others, but great song nonetheless.
Is that a Baritone Special Jag in your avatar? Did you use it for this track?

image.jpeg
Definitely sounds like Post Rock to me, maybe not as "epic" as some others, but great song nonetheless.
Is that a Baritone Special Jag in your avatar? Did you use it for this track?

Cheers.
I know what you mean, maybe this is Post Rock Lite haha.

Yep, that track is the Jag.
These two are my weapons of choice at the moment.

TBH, I appreciate when not every PR song sounds like it's the end of the world or something.

May I ask you what pu's are those?
Stock ones don't work for me and I'm looking into replace them.

TBH, I appreciate when not every PR song sounds like it's the end of the world or something.

May I ask you what pu's are those?
Stock ones don't work for me and I'm looking into replace them.

I was in a good mood when I wrote it, so no post apocalyptic doom in this one hahaha.

The stock pickups were really dark, great for cleans but high gain tones fuzzed out too much for me.
These are Duncans, a Custom in the bridge and 59 in the neck.
I've got a Duncan JB in my PRS tuned to Drop D but I might change it for the Custom as well, it's a great pickup.

Back
Top Bottom