Bareknuckle Holy Diver just not cutting it for me.

shadoe

Experienced
To get the mid range punch I love I have to have the mid muddiness too. Its low out put which doesn't bother me too much except the pickup itself is so damn high and close to the strings.

I've heard great things about the aftermath and midrange punchy rythms.

Any thoughts? How are the aftermath necks also? I would love to have a matching set if I get good recommendations!

If it's too close to the strings adjust that first and then dial in your presets to sound good with those pickups. Any pickup is going to sound bad if it's too close to the strings.

If it's too close to the strings adjust that first and then dial in your presets to sound good with those pickups. Any pickup is going to sound bad if it's too close to the strings.

I have it at its sweet spot. If I back lower it, it looses its tone, body and attack.

If your pickup is too close to the string, the magnets pull the string and kill the sustain and don't give a true representation of the tonal characteristics of the pickup. It's a bit like singing with your mouth over the microphone.

Looks way too high IMO

EDIT. Actually, i retract that statement. I checked against one BKP fitted PRS and mine are a similar height.

Ha ya. It looks like I would be a mad man. However, if you saw and heard my tone lowering and raising the pickup causes tone loss.

Should'nt be any closer than 1/16 from string to pole with string fretted at last fret! Holy diver is a pretty hot pickup 15.9K. Do you have a 500 k volume pot? If its 250 ,could be your problem!!

I do the nickel thickness at treble side and 2 nickels at bass, basically 1/16 and 1/8

Should'nt be any closer than 1/16 from string to pole with string fretted at last fret! Holy diver is a pretty hot pickup 15.9K. Do you have a 500 k volume pot? If its 250 ,could be your problem!!

I haven't checked on this! They're just standard Ibanez Prestige pots. I'll do some research. Does this have a huge effect?

I do the nickel thickness at treble side and 2 nickels at bass, basically 1/16 and 1/8

I don't usually measure them. I just get them to the height where I think they sound the best.

Pretty big difference, 250 k pots cut the output ,has more lows and less upper mids

I haven't checked on this! They're just standard Ibanez Prestige pots. I'll do some research. Does this have a huge effect?
Yes! Considerable. If you're thinking the Holydivers are "low output" you're probably running a 250k Ohm pot. Switch to a 500k Ohm pot -- you'll have no worries about output. Those pickups are way up on the hot side for passives. I have a set in my PRS.

Weird. Well I called the shop I bought it from and the guy said they were 500k if they came with 2 humbuckers. Although I'm not sure how much truth there is to that. Here's the guitar...
Crack open the back access panel and read the code off the volume pot.

Get a 550k pot and Cap from Bareknuckle. The top end frequencies really shine with a higher capacitance.

I will look into both! Thanks for your help. I did t realize this could be a problem outside of the pickup!

Back
Top Bottom