Barefoot Buttons

I just ordered a custom multicolored set. The hope being that I will use the different colors to signify certain effect blocks, i.e. red for drive block, blue for delay(s), orange for reverb, etc. Hopefully my idea translates well for the desired application.

These are cool, my only concerns are that the set screws will dent or scratch the switches, and also the extra leverage you can get on the switch with the bigger top button damaging the switch. I wonder if anybody has had these types of issues with other pedals.

These are cool, my only concerns are that the set screws will dent or scratch the switches, and also the extra leverage you can get on the switch with the bigger top button damaging the switch. I wonder if anybody has had these types of issues with other pedals.

The added leverage will not become a problem. The screw will create a mark but why would that be a problem? The AX8 footswitches do have a replaceable cap too, it's probably hard to get a replacement cap, though. On my unit the FS2 cap falls of every once in a while.

If it really bugs you, you could wrap a tiny bit of electrical tape around the switch before putting the button on. I haven't gotten mine yet, so I don't know how tight the tolerances are--but if there's enough room, that should be enough to keep the sides of the switches pristine.

If it really bugs you, you could wrap a tiny bit of electrical tape around the switch before putting the button on. I haven't gotten mine yet, so I don't know how tight the tolerances are--but if there's enough room, that should be enough to keep the sides of the switches pristine.

Or maybe painters tape. Good idea. I'm a bit anal with my gear, I haven't even taken the plastic off the display in a year lol.

I got mine today, very nice and even came with 3 allen keys and some spare grub screws. I have to say the increased sustain is amazing*.

(*When switching on an effect that increases the sustain amazingly.)

Mine came today as well- 28 buttons, all in perfect shape. Brett also sent me three allen keys and extra screws, and that badass Barefoot Buttons sticker. :)

Thanks again for setting this up, Klaus. I think from now on you'll be know as SANTA Klaus(houz). :)

And many thanks to Brett & Barefoot Buttons- if you haven't tried these yet, your feet just don't know what they're missin'...

IMG_3408.JPG

Back
Top Bottom