Barefoot Buttons

FWIW had a BB failure last night at rehearsal, first night out with them on the AX8, a segment of the BB with one of the screws fell out, perhaps I may have overtightened it a little, but I had tried to be careful when I snugged up the screws, as I didn't want to over-tighten and strip the threads in the BB . I had looked the BBs over when I received them and didn't see anything obviously wrong with them.Perhaps there was a very subtle flaw in the plastic? Anyway, Brett had sent me an extra, 12th BB so I will replace the broken one and recheck all the rest with a small torque wrench to make sure they are all evenly tightened. Hopefully I can avoid any repeats of this.20161004_230002.jpg

UPDATE: I went and replaced the broken one and checked the rest, some of them definitely seemed like I had the screws pretty tight, so I have loosened the overly tight ones up a bit, hopefully that will take care of it.

Last edited:
For those of you that think these things are too expensive, go price out some larger solid aluminum knobs. A quick search on Ebay and Amazon seems to indicate that Barefoot Buttons are not particularly expensive compared to buying a hi-fi knob of similar size. There's tons of cheaper options with plastic inserts or smaller knobs, but for something like this the Barefoot stuff seems priced more than fairly.

Heck, go look at the prices for solid metal Tele knobs.

Quick question for guys in the continental 48- how fast did you receive your orders? Mine were supposed to arrive on 9/26 according to the USPS, still not here (I'm in the Chicago area). Was the post slow for anyone else?

If any of you know me from other forums(Fractal /Gear page/ ETC.)You know I only buy gear from small American companies(12 or less). So I just talked to the owner of http://barefootbuttons.com/ . Very cool dude. The buttons are hand machined in Hawaii. (he's a Navel machinist).Aircraft military grade aluminum (except the acrylic), machined in a 3 step process, very labor intensive. So they are a high quality product. That being said, we discussed how to get a better price for us and bigger numbers for him. We are discussing a special deal for the players at this forum this Nov. You'll be able to get them for ALL for your pedals much cheaper AND he will get BIG numbers for sales. PLUS he is making new colors/types now.... If 10% of the us buy 6 or more (to use the code) everybody wins.. .The AX 8 and the new AA 12 with TALL BOYS in the back row WILL rock! IF interested, please PM me or just like the post and I'll send you the code for Nov when I get it.

Last edited:
Quick question for guys in the continental 48- how fast did you receive your orders? Mine were supposed to arrive on 9/26 according to the USPS, still not here (I'm in the Chicago area). Was the post slow for anyone else?
I ordered my knobs last week. They arrived today. Very sturdy and well made. \m/ (*_*) \m/

Yea. Took a little over 7 days for mine. This is round 1 -- the blemished knobs. Honestly, if he hadn't told me they were blems, I wouldn't have known.

They're really nice knobs.

Just got my notice from Brett today. I concur with Ian. The "damaged" knobs were not bad at all and I would have been OK with them. I have seen knobs that had a lot more wear and tear on them.

My order was lost in the mail, but Brett sent me out another package and they arrived today (took a little over a week to make it here to Chicago).

LOVE these babies, going to order more. Any word on that code, klaushouz?

Got my order of 5 silver tall boys about 10 days ago. Installed them on buttons 5 to 8 and on F1 and after several rehearsals, they`re great.
Highly recommended.

I've had these babies on my AX8 for a while now. Love these things. They do not loosen with use, and make hitting the back row easy. Brett gives exemplary customer service. On a scale of 1 - 10, I give them a 15. Most highly recommended.

The tall buttons on the back row of my AX8 have proven to be a nice ergonomics upgrade. Thumbs up from me all around for Barefoot Buttons. I too had nothing but stellar service experience. I have, by happy turn of events, received 8 of the tall buttons sets for the price of 4. Can't complain about that!

That is the one thing I hate about the AX8, especially the top row. Very hard for me to consistently hit the top row!
There is an easy fix for that. I had the same issue. I purchased and installed the Barefoot Buttons (Tallboys in the back row) and the problem is solved.

Back
Top Bottom