Barefoot Buttons

Are the tall boys like twice the height? Next time you experiment can you maybe take a pic of a regular one and tall boy side by side?

If you look at the last picture you see the tall boy next to the regular size at f2 from the side. I'd say they are more than twice the height.

Tall boys are the way to go for the top row. The roll cage used to get in the way, now with the tall buttons it's so much easier.

I've been asking about the height of the Tallboys in an email. This is from the answer of Brett Richards:

The over all height of the Tallboy is about 7/8" but the actual height that the switch surface will be raised is about 1/2" higher than the switch.

In the limited amount of time I have had to use them, it does not appear to be an issue. Bear in mind that it also depends upon your foot/shoe width, as well and whether or not you use toes or the flat of your foot (or other parts of your anatomy!). :fearscream:. I usually woodshed barefooted, so it is much more comfortable, and gig with shoes on... usually... :eek:

Well, I don't know how it works on your unit......but on mine you can hit 2 buttons at once all you want to but its still only going to change a single effect at a time. In other words, if you have 2 effects on and want to hit 2 buttons at once to cut them both off...only 1 is going to cut off. I have no issues with the barefoot buttons being able to hit 2 buttons at once, but it does no good.

Tall boys are the way to go for the top row. The roll cage used to get in the way, now with the tall buttons it's so much easier.

Yeah, that's what I decided on for now at least. Played for an hour or so yesterday with them and I found it much easier to press than before. Hopefully we'll see some black tall boys at some point and I can get the stealth black look as well :)

I ordered some BB's for my rig. I just received this note from Brett.

"Hello John, Brett from Barefoot buttons here. Your order was processed and sent out. You have 4 tallboys in your order (along with 7 other buttons) but will receive 4 more in less than 2 weeks. We had a large batch of tallboys that were scratched and dented. Instead of playing it off and giving you a sub par set of buttons, we went ahead and sent you 4 tallboys with those cosmetic flaws in them and will send you out 4 more unharmed buttons when they become available. This way you can still use the buttons until your receive the next 4. I apologize for the inconvenience but hopefully you will find this to be beneficial to your board. Let me know if you have any issues about this. Take care and have a good day over there. -Brett"

Now that is what I call great customer service.

Seems like Brett is a pretty stand up guy with a great product. I'm really digging mine hope everyone else is as well.

That's awful nice of him. Personally, I wouldn't care either way. They're footswitches. You step on them and stuff. On purpose. Lol.

Numbers could be cool but I am sure cliff wants nothing to do with this lol. He choose those small buttons for some reason. He need to spend time testing his new FRFR
his new FRFR? is there going to be a new, dedicated FRFR speaker from Fractal Audio?

Back
Top Bottom