Barefoot Buttons

Met these folks at NAMM and let them know how many of us here support them - great folks and a pleasure to talk with. Hadn't realized they had left Hawaii but life and work make us all do crazy things - but in Minnesota!!?? Oh sheesh. :)

I just got my Barefoot Mini's today. I went with regular V1 mini's on switches 1-4 and on F2 & F3. I went with V1 mini tallboys on 5-8 and on F1. The bigger buttons look great too - but I just felt that the mini's looked a little more 'streamlined'. I'm happy with my choice - and working with them was great. Brett was great. He answered all of my questions promptly and shipped quickly. I actually got them a day early.

I asked him if he ever considered offering package deals for gear like the AX8 and Helix. He said that he has run sales on the Fractal site before and hinted that he may do it again. I told him that he'd make a lot of people very happy.

When I was thinking about mini's, I couldn't find many pics out there for reference - so I thought I'd post a pic of my AX8 - in case any of you were considering them. I couldn't be happier with mine. I think they look - and feel - great. Cheers.

Sorry for replying to an old thread, but I just wanted to say thanks for posting your rig and rational.

Your post made me go with the minis and they are perfect. Couldn't be happier!

Huge benefit in having that back row up just a little higher.

I went with silver and one red (solo) for the front row. Silver tall boys for the back row.

Function switches are black. F1 and F2 are short minis, F3 is a standard tall boy (I asked if they made a mini black tall boy and they said "in the future").

Also, in case anyone cares, the regular tall boy is a quite a bit taller than the mini tall boy, by about a quarter of an inch. I had previously purchased a single tall boy to see if I liked it and was expecting the mini tall boys to be the same height. They are not. And that's actually a really good thing IMO, as the standard tall boy feels just a little too tall.

Looks really sharp and the one standard doesn't look too bad as it's kind of set back.

Anyway, just wanted to write this up because this has been a great thread and I hope someone finds my experience useful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom