Barefoot buttons on a budget

I don't know about pointless, they are very comparable as they do the exact same thing.
A Ferrari and a Borgward do not do the same thing. Neither do a yatch and a rowboat. Neither do a POD and a AX8. They may serve the same function, but they are not equivalent. Not to be argumentative bro, but they are not the same quality and that was my point.

A Ferrari and a Borgward do not do the same thing. Neither do a yatch and a rowboat. Neither do a POD and a AX8. They may serve the same function, but they are not equivalent. Not to be argumentative bro, but they are not the same quality and that was my point.
Yet you are. Give the guy a break. He found something that works for him that he feels he can afford. You want to spend 10 bucks a button, go for it. Don't see what's wrong with someone not wanting to spend $100 when $10 gets the job done. Yet the OP is getting blasted for trying to offer an option that's much more affordable. BTW, there are a lot more Fords, Chevys, Toyotas, Hyundais and Kias on the streets than Ferraris. I don't hear a lot of people pining for a Ferrari because they are far superior to their current car.

Not any of these can be mount on LG2 buttons...that have a bit lesser diameter. Will get some for my VOES ftcontroller.

Yeah the plastic ones are ok but the Barefoot Buttons versions are built to last. I caught them during the Christmas sale and saved a ton! I will say that the other aluminum pedal toppers look like they should be good also. I am loving my BB toppers though!!

And this is how american made products and business' die.

YEP. you are correct.

This is where governments also need to step up to the plate. In Canada with our completely useless Prime Minister who is inviting the whole world to come to Canada and basically live for free (free healthcare, welfare, etc), the taxation of working Canadians is now over 40%.. yes over 40%..... about 33% of every pay cheque goes to income tax and in Ontario, we pay 13% tax on EVERYTHING we purchase.. gasoline has almost .80 cents in tax PER LITRE not gallon ... it's ridiculous... It has become too expensive for any business to set up shop in North America.... people just don't have the money... I know tons of people that have said "I want to buy the North American (canada or us) made one but can't afford the extra money." ..... its a really sad state.

YEP. you are correct.

.... its a really sad state.

Yes I bought some buttons from him, while not cheap, they are really well made and you can tell he puts his heart into it. Even down to the packaging. It's not like they are super expensive. It's just the mentality that bugs me, people try to find the cheapest route possible on everything, and then wonder why there are no american jobs. Companies constantly working for more growth, higher profits, lower costs. All leads to us screwing ourselves, and it's hard for people to see for some reason.

Sorry to derail. back to cheap buttons....

MFC.jpg Bought mine on Amazon.. The MFC101 looks like a candy dish.. Work great live!!!!

Last edited:
YEP. you are correct.

This is where governments also need to step up to the plate. In Canada with our completely useless Prime Minister who is inviting the whole world to come to Canada and basically live for free (free healthcare, welfare, etc), the taxation of working Canadians is now over 40%.. yes over 40%..... about 33% of every pay cheque goes to income tax and in Ontario, we pay 13% tax on EVERYTHING we purchase.. gasoline has almost .80 cents in tax PER LITRE not gallon ... it's ridiculous... It has become too expensive for any business to set up shop in North America.... people just don't have the money... I know tons of people that have said "I want to buy the North American (canada or us) made one but can't afford the extra money." ..... its a really sad state.
Yes but for my family I pay $1500 / month in insurance premiums. Plus everything that is for sale at big box retailers is made in China.

Yes I bought some buttons from him, while not cheap, they are really well made and you can tell he puts his heart into it. Even down to the packaging. It's not like they are super expensive. It's just the mentality that bugs me, people try to find the cheapest route possible on everything, and then wonder why there are no american jobs. Companies constantly working for more growth, higher profits, lower costs. All leads to us screwing ourselves, and it's hard for people to see for some reason.

Sorry to derail. back to cheap buttons....
As of October 2017, the USA unemployment rate was 4.1%. There are no industrialized nations with a lower rate. Therefore I am not really sure what you mean there are no American jobs. Everything for sale in Walmart and Target is made in China and has been for a long long time.

Furthermore, you can see from the small replies to this email that there are still many people willing to pay more for something if the quality and value is there, ie China plastic buttons vs Barefoot buttons.

My intention was never to sway people from buying BFB or take American jobs for that matter. Paying 10% the price for the desired effect was worth testing out and reporting on.

My intention was never to sway people from buying BFB or take American jobs for that matter. Paying 10% the price for the desired effect was worth testing out and reporting on.
This.

Also, the price difference here isn't due to the country of manufacture... it's the material and process. Plastic is cheaper than aluminum. Molding is cheaper than machining. I don't need buttons made out of unobtainium, so I won't pay for unobtainium.

This.

Also, the price difference here isn't due to the country of manufacture... it's the material and process. Plastic is cheaper than aluminum. Molding is cheaper than machining. I don't need buttons made out of unobtainium, so I won't pay for unobtainium.

This

And for me, after paying so much for the AX8 here in Canada, because our dollars suck big time, i do not have any extra $12-13 per BFB. times that by 11 buttons and shipping. you will be spending about CAD $156 for something you step on. for practicallity, i would spend $30-40 for these things and the rest of my money ($110) i spend for groceries and milk formula for the baby and gas for the car. i came from a third-world poor country (philippines), was lucky to be able to come to canada for a better life. i do not have a lot of money, i live paycheck to paycheck, i don't shit gold or money. so i do not know why buying chinese buttons to put on my pedal is a big deal. Barefoot Button is nice and all but is it worth it? YES! to people who have money. besides, mostly everything in your houses is made in China or came from china. maybe even you drywall, hey, your iphone is also made in China. your monitor screen is made in china. i am willing to bet the Alluminum and the paint used for making the Barefoot Buttons came from China. Maybe even the machine used to cut it.

Back
Top Bottom