Barefoot buttons on a budget

And these are nasty plastic, and barefoot are milled aluminium, not sure I see and comparison apart from they both stop your foot hurting when playing in socks. You get what you pay for and I will stick with the real deal. There is always something cheaper, I mean we could all be using Pods right? it’s still a digital guitar processor.

I've had the Mooer 'Candy' toppers on my AX8 for months. They hold-up for home usage. I plan to buy some of the others I've seen on Amazon. Search for 'topper' in the musical instruments section, you'll find them.

The name-brand Barefoot Buttons are overkill for my needs. I don't need machined aluminum any more than I need to eat Tide pods. You can't fault people for buying Honda instead of Cadillac.

reading this makes me hate myself for ordering 4 buttons for 50€ and waiting more than 1 month for the delivery. Hopefully barefootbuttons will get word of the china-option and adjust their prices.

reading this makes me hate myself for ordering 4 buttons for 50€ and waiting more than 1 month for the delivery. Hopefully barefootbuttons will get word of the china-option and adjust their prices.
I do not see the adjusting pricings. On Amazon you can find metal buttons too. BFB surely feels that their product is better. BFB also seems to be the only place to get tall boys. I have searched and searched and no one else seems to make a tall boy button

In the price vs quality war, I choose quality. Granted that is just me. I could be dining on Alpo too, but I choose not to. I play quality guitars through quality FAS gear. A Ferrari and a Borgward will both get you from here to there, but to compare the 2 is pointless.

In the price vs quality war, I choose quality. Granted that is just me. I could be dining on Alpo too, but I choose not to. I play quality guitars through quality FAS gear. A Ferrari and a Borgward will both get you from here to there, but to compare the 2 is pointless.

I balked at the price of the Barefoots initially and shopped around for a few days. Came to the conclusion that I have a certain standard that I want to maintain for my working gear and I didn't want to try to save a few dollars at the expense of reliability and durability. You already spent ~$1k on the AX8, so what's another $95 for a set of 11 machined buttons that should pretty much last as long as the switches do? That was my thought anyway, so I bit the bullet and my BB's should be here in the next day or so.

It's nice to have other options to consider if you don't want to pay the premium, but most of the time you get what you pay for.

Wow, great discovery. Wouldn't even have thought about such buttons. Will surely go for these on my foot controllers (Gordius & Voes).

I got some of the Mooer toppers.
I looked at the BB option and felt like the set screw in the top of them might compromise the top of my switch by pushing on the shell too hard and knocking out of round detaching it.
They work and don't take the switch top off if knocked around real hard.
If I need a taller one I would just super glue 2 stacked together.

I looked at the barefoot option, there are a ton of other companies that make a similar quality product that are milled aluminium and still not as expensive so I went with those. They do exactly what I needed them to and were cheaper. I don't mind paying more for higher quality and didn't want the plastic ones that have a history of breaking or taking the top of the button off. If Barefoot had a reasonably priced set pre built for Ax8 users that was closer to $5/button I would have bought them, but buying 10 or 11 just for that ax8 at between $9 and $11 each when you can get comparable stuff cheaper didn't interest me. This isn't something that impacts my tone and I don't care if it has the companies logo etched in to the side of it if it costs more...

I balked at the price of the Barefoots initially and shopped around for a few days. Came to the conclusion that I have a certain standard that I want to maintain for my working gear and I didn't want to try to save a few dollars at the expense of reliability and durability. You already spent ~$1k on the AX8, so what's another $95 for a set of 11 machined buttons that should pretty much last as long as the switches do? That was my thought anyway, so I bit the bullet and my BB's should be here in the next day or so.

It's nice to have other options to consider if you don't want to pay the premium, but most of the time you get what you pay for.
Fair enough, but $10 for 10 was worth a shot for me. They are really great, tough heavy plastic. They do exactly what I wanted, but to each his own for sure.

I looked at the BB option and felt like the set screw in the top of them might compromise the top of my switch by pushing on the shell too hard and knocking out of round detaching it.
Not to pick a nit, but the barefoot buttons have 3 set screws, not 1. They apply even pressure on the tops of the switches. I have had a set (regulars and tallboys) on my AX8 since I first got it, and there is no damage to the switches. Mine get stepped on a lot.

I don't know about pointless, they are very comparable as they do the exact same thing.

Back
Top Bottom