Bare Knuckle Pickups

Maybe a heavier string gauge. My Strandberg OS6T came with .010's on it and I dropped it down to .009's and it seemed weak, so I had it set up with .010's again. The guitar just has less mass, It resonates great but the amplitude isn't as big as a full-meat guitar, and it shows in the output I think.

I'm pretty much using the heaviest gauge I can for B standard on a 7 string, 10-59. I guess I can try 11-64, but that may be a bit too stiff on the higher strings.

I have a set of rebel yells and a set of cold sweats. Both sound awesome! there's something a little extra going on for sure!

I'm pretty much using the heaviest gauge I can for B standard on a 7 string, 10-59. I guess I can try 11-64, but that may be a bit too stiff on the higher strings.
It might be your wood type. I did not like Juggs on my Basswood guitar at standard tuning but they sound great at drop c. They also sound great at standard in my mahogany/maple PRS.

I’m sssuming there is a painkiller set in there somewhere?

:D
Actually I've never tried the BKP Painkiller. These are mostly Abraxas, Holy Diver, Rebel Yell or Cold Sweat.

My nickname refers to the Judas Priest album. I wouldn't consider myself a metalhead, but I still think that its one of greatest albums of all times :)

I have Ragnaroks, Holy Divers, Miracle Man's in three of my PRS's just picked up a set of Rebel Yell 7 strings that I have to drop in my Jackson HT7. Ive come to really dig BKP's there is a clarity to them and they retain it no matter what, there almost like 4K HD pickups

Most of the BK pickups are too hot for my taste. The Mule is probably something I’d like but haven’t tried these.

I’m having the 57 Classics in my Les Paul replaced with an Amber ‘Pick of 59’ set. Comparable to Kloppmann and Klein.

Love the Suhr single-coils in my Strat and Tele.

Almost ready to pull the trigger on a set of BK "Irish Tours" to replace my 2017 American Professional's "V-Mod's".
Anybody have any experience with these?

I have a set of juggernauts in my 8 string. And they rip for the most part. Not so much for the 8th string, however. Too much bass. To get the 8th to sound clear the rest of the guitar is always too brittle. Probably just me though. I really should stick to 7.

I have BKP pickups on all my guitars except one which has the excellent SD Alpha/Omega set
I have tried most of the BKP hi-output range and I have settled for:
- Rags on my main two guitars
- Juggernauts on my 7-string
- ceramic Nailbomb/Coldsweat on three guitars
- Stockholm HSP90/Trilogysuite on one guitar

bkp2.jpg

I have a Holydiver in bridge and Emerald in neck on my Ibanez RG 1070 Premium - previously they were on a RG520QS. Would love to try the Juggernaut or Ragnarok one day

Another Rebel Yell fan here, got them in my LP and love them. I have a Jackson USA SL2H that I have been struggling with since I I got it in 2007, many pups have been there, since two years ago I have an EMG 57/66 set, that works fine, but is not stellar ... perhaps need another pair or RY ...

I love the Riff Raffs. They sound amazing through my Diezel VH4. I'll be interested to see what they sound like through the Fractal when I get it!

Back
Top Bottom