Bare Knuckle Juggernauts

I just ordered a bridge Juggernaut, i can't wait. It seems like an aftermath that has all the things i didn't like removed, and then they gave it alnico flavor, which i think is perfect

They're very much how BKP describes them. They have all the bite and snap of a ceramic but with the warmth of an alnico. I had been using Suhr Aldrich pups, which I liked very much and these remind me of a much more snarly version of those.

Have you had a chance to try them

No... not yet. They actually haven't even arrived. I am actually still waiting on them...even though it's been over a month! I will definitely be ordering direct from Bareknuckle from now on. They get them to me in under a week. I'm not sure why The Axe Palace is taking so ridiculously long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No... not yet. They actually haven't even arrived. I am actually still waiting on them...even though it's been over a month! I will definitely be ordering direct from Bareknuckle from now on. They get them to me in under a week. I'm not sure why The Axe Palace is taking so ridiculously long!

Any more info?

Not to completely derail the thread, but having talked with Nick about this issue of turn-around times, he said that people who ordered in December had to deal with a pretty sizable turn-around time due to a couple factors. One, orders increased for Christmas, and also the BKP shop was closed down for holiday vacations and things, so they should be getting back into business and getting their pickups out soon. I hope that the Miracle Man pickups I ordered a week ago don't take a friggin' month to get here. That's somewhat ridiculous.

They'll be worth the wait. I still think I regret taking the Holydivers out of my PRS. I'm still not 100% in love with the custom wounds I replaced them with...

Not to completely derail the thread, but having talked with Nick about this issue of turn-around times, he said that people who ordered in December had to deal with a pretty sizable turn-around time due to a couple factors. One, orders increased for Christmas, and also the BKP shop was closed down for holiday vacations and things, so they should be getting back into business and getting their pickups out soon. I hope that the Miracle Man pickups I ordered a week ago don't take a friggin' month to get here. That's somewhat ridiculous.

Yea I spoke with Nick as well as Ben with BKP and the wait time is not typical. It is a bit quicker to order direct from BKP but it's also quite a bit more expensive.
But... None of that matters now for me since they actually showed up today!
They sound insanely good! I'll admit I was a bit worried that I wouldn't like them as much as my Aftermaths since I generally like a certain amount of top end bite in my sound, but the top end sounds incredible and much more smooth. But still has a nice bite.

And the Jugg Neck absolutely slays the Aftermath Neck in my opinion. It is reeeeeeally smooth and balanced.

I will post up some proper sound clips ASAP. But to answer anyone's question about the Juggs in Alder body guitars... They sound immaculate!!!

Did you find after installing these pickups that you had to boost your highs?
And how are they sounding/feeling on cleans?
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Did you find after installing these pickups that you had to boost your highs?
And how are they sounding/feeling on cleans?
Thanks in advance for any answers.

As of now I haven't really altered any of my patches that I dialed in with the Aftermaths and everything sounds great with the Juggs! They do seem to be a little more tight and clearer than the Aftermaths. And they seem a lot more even across fretboard. Some of the annoying harsh frequencies I would find myself EQing out with the Aftermaths sound excellent. I installed the Juggs and set their height the same I had my Aftermaths and they have an equally nice output. I was a bit worried that they might sound a bit too "rounded" with my current patches but that isn't the case at all.

As for the cleans, the bridge sounds better than any other pickup I have used to date for Cleans. And as i mentioned before, the Neck is just ridiculously amazing! And I hardly ever use the Middle position but it is like a perfect blend of both worlds. I'm very pleased with them… especially since I haven't had to alter any patches before realizing how great they are.

I will probably try added a little more highs OR tweaking my Lowpass Filter just to get a little more open sound. But as is, they sound incredible. But i think it would be really hard to make the top end on these things sound harsh. I will be posting up a comparison clip between the Aftermath and Jugg ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom