Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I used to post over there, I tried for a lighter touch. Still, when shtf, I half expected to be banned. I wasn't, but I walked away voluntarily. That place just doesn't seem right anymore.

When I used to post over there, I tried for a lighter touch. Still, when shtf, I half expected to be banned. I wasn't, but I walked away voluntarily. That place just doesn't seem right anymore.
Yeah, the whole vibe of that place is creepy. I think it's borne out of a variety of things:
1. A lot of members now.
2. The owners of the forum more concerned about profit than about the primary purpose of a forum.
3. Manufacturers exploiting the forum as a marketing tool.

I also suspect there's some unsavory things going on behind the scenes between manufacturers and the owners. Some of the moderator behavior (see my recent treatment) defies logic and indicates there's something going on.

Popped over there for a look and it appears that Donnie B. is back under yet another alt: 12TameMen.
It fascinates me how much time people invest into disrupting order 'just cuz':
1656533871865.png

Joined 14 days ago and has 342 messages... That's ~25 posts /day, about how amazing the QC is compared to FAS products.

giphy.gif

Moral of the story? Play music, serve/respect others, be a decent human, and don't obsess over KLONs.

It fascinates me how much time people invest into disrupting order 'just cuz':
View attachment 104169

Joined 14 days ago and has 342 messages... That's ~25 posts /day, about how amazing the QC is compared to FAS products.

giphy.gif

Moral of the story? Play music, serve/respect others, be a decent human, and don't obsess over KLONs.
I thought I saw them say they sold the QC for some mini heads

Apparently waterbound has been reinstated.

Good for him.

However it’s hard to imagine that he’d even want to return there after lying through his teeth to everyone including TGP’s staff.

lol
Well he's already back to posting. Has he updated the signature?

Yeah, the whole vibe of that place is creepy. I think it's borne out of a variety of things:
1. A lot of members now.
2. The owners of the forum more concerned about profit than about the primary purpose of a forum.

I also suspect there's some unsavory things going on behind the scenes between manufacturers and the owners.
Some of the moderator behavior (see my recent treatment) defies logic and indicates there's something going on.

Truth.

Maybe grease the TGP wheels with a little ad revenue and you'll suddenly see different outcomes. ;)

Well he's already back to posting. Has he updated the signature?

"Affiliated with Neural DSP" is now on his signature. At least from now on it will be clear for any newcomers what veterans already knew. The whole "I'm a moderator on NDSP's Forum and anybody can see it, yet whenever anyone on TGP brings my (undisclosed) affiliations to NDSP as the cause of my biased opinions and actions on behalf of the [QC] brand I will act offended and look away pretending nothing happened" was just laughable and pathetic.

When you try to log in via VPN, TGP tells you the IP address has been blocked. So they do use IP address bans.
This is trivial to circumvent. We do similar things here FWIW. We even block Tor exit nodes. It's a minor annoyance to anyone with a little knowledge and a lot of desire to circumvent it.

How hard would it be to instigate an IP address-ban when instigating the user ban?
If it wasn't hard, it would be done. So there's your answer. IP addresses are rarely unique to any one user, not hard to rotate, and too numerous to block effectively.

I never had a problem at TGP, which I rarely visit, but TDPRI, on the other hand....let's just say the mods and staff must clearly be whiny bitches.

I got banned for the most ridiculous thing. For my screen name, Matthews Guitars. I make some guitars, for a hobby, and have my Matthews Guitars name for them and a headstock logo. But I'm not commercial. I make them for fun, for the experience, to blow off steam, and don't advertise and am not in business. But they wanted me to either change my screen name or pay them money to be a sponsor.

I laughed that off and said no way. So they banned me for commercial violations and also mod bashing.

LOL.

This is trivial to circumvent. We do similar things here FWIW. We even block Tor exit nodes. It's a minor annoyance to anyone with a little knowledge and a lot of desire to circumvent it.

If it wasn't hard, it would be done. So there's your answer. IP addresses are rarely unique to any one user, not hard to rotate, and too numerous to block effectively.
Maybe I'm in the minority, but a simple IP address ban for me would have been more than enough to keep me from bothering to use a post-ban account. It wouldn't stop the Donnie B.s of the world, but it seems like such a piece of low-hanging fruit to me that it suggests they don't honestly care about any ban remaining permanent.

1. A lot of members now.

I also suspect there's some unsavory things going on behind the scenes between manufacturers and the owners. Some of the moderator behavior (see my recent treatment) defies logic and indicates there's something going on.
Clear favoritism towards people who work for or close to associate with NDSP are getting air cover, while normal members are getting whacked.

An old NDSP moderator banned previously for Alt behavior was just given his status back today. WB

I never had a problem at TGP, which I rarely visit, but TDPRI, on the other hand....let's just say the mods and staff must clearly be whiny bitches.

I got banned for the most ridiculous thing. For my screen name, Matthews Guitars. I make some guitars, for a hobby, and have my Matthews Guitars name for them and a headstock logo. But I'm not commercial. I make them for fun, for the experience, to blow off steam, and don't advertise and am not in business. But they wanted me to either change my screen name or pay them money to be a sponsor.

I laughed that off and said no way. So they banned me for commercial violations and also mod bashing.

LOL.
The sites are related…see the “Sister Sites” list at the bottom of the TDPRI page. I’m assuming that means they are under common ownership but would need to dig to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom