Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what TGP looks like without an ad blocker:

IDIOCRACY-TV.png
that's so true it hurts.. and Guitar Player is even worse.

I would bet that's it's even more nefarious than that. I believe that users like Kevin Thompson, Waterbound, et. al. are actually paid moles employed by Neural or its marketing agency. This is a known marketing technique and, while technically illegal in the US, is oft employed. Given how slimy Neural has behaved to this point I wouldn't put it past them to use this tactic.
Sorry to bump the thread, but this. +1000. Usual suspects. All I have to say about that.

Last edited:
QC has been out for 2 1/2 years now and they still haven't delivered on all the hype they sold people during the pandemic. If NDSP doesn't have their shit together by now chances are they never will during the lifespan of the product. At this point I'm more interested to see what happens with Digitech since Cortek bought them. Cortek has deep enough pockets to develop some cool stuff if they choose to.

TGP has ZERO credibility, and it falls on the Administrators there. They literally sold
the soul of the place for ad dollars.

Cliff was banned from there because he and Fractal are direct competitors with
you know who.

That falls more on TGP, the Mods, and the shift in direction of TGP from a gear community of peers
to an ad revenue generating bonanza that seeks to protect its revenue streams at the expense of
its members.

To their credit, they didn’t have proof until recently and who knows which moderator did the banning. They’ve got 6 mods over there to handle every thread/post, so I can see why they don’t have time to check for context, but yeah, some extra assistance over there would be a bit more professional for a forum taking in millions.

Who was banned, and what did they say to get themselves banned? I know a few QC threads got vanished recently, but I wasn't keeping up on them. I got blocked from posting in the QC non-owners complainer thread agggggeeessss ago... wasn't allowed to post in that one specific thread. Which was hilarious when it happened, because I had sold my QC round abouts the same time!

TGP has been a known quantity for at least the decade since I’ve been here and playing Fractal stuff. Just from this forum I know to never go there and I haven’t. So my questions are 1 - Why is anyone still going there and B - Why TF are we still talking about it like it matters?

Who was banned, and what did they say to get themselves banned? I know a few QC threads got vanished recently, but I wasn't keeping up on them. I got blocked from posting in the QC non-owners complainer thread agggggeeessss ago... wasn't allowed to post in that one specific thread. Which was hilarious when it happened, because I had sold my QC round abouts the same time!
Myself, I believe Gearzilla and JiveTurkey as well (and many more I could list but you may not know the names lol). I didn't get a message saying which post I made got me banned but it was probably a complaint about the QC or floating the idea of emailing Neural about their poor mods on their site. Regardless, I sent TGP an email to express my frustrations but it's not like they care. Waterbound is as slimy as it gets and him and Kevin Thompson have to be the ones reporting. Waterbound did get called out for reporting but then of course denied it.

TGP has been a known quantity for at least the decade since I’ve been here and playing Fractal stuff. Just from this forum I know to never go there and I haven’t. So my questions are 1 - Why is anyone still going there and B - Why TF are we still talking about it like it matters?
I mean I recently just discovered TGP and honestly the complaint thread on the QC was a haven when I had one. I wasnt pleased with it and being able to voice my frustration without getting disowned was refreshing. With this being the lounge I figured this would be fine. I looked forward to chatting with JT and Gearzilla on there, truly. It's a shame to see what's been happening over there

Myself, I believe Gearzilla and JiveTurkey as well (and many more I could list but you may not know the names lol). I didn't get a message saying which post I made got me banned but it was probably a complaint about the QC or floating the idea of emailing Neural about their poor mods on their site. Regardless, I sent TGP an email to express my frustrations but it's not like they care. Waterbound is as slimy as it gets and him and Kevin Thompson have to be the ones reporting. Waterbound did get called out for reporting but then of course denied it.
I had a run in with a few of the QC users over there who didn't seem to believe I had ever owned one until I linked them to my captures page. Then they pretty much gave up trying to antagonise me.

Simply put - the capture tech was the only thing I was happy with when I owned one. Everything else was just not good enough IMHO.

I had a run in with a few of the QC users over there who didn't seem to believe I had ever owned one until I linked them to my captures page. Then they pretty much gave up trying to antagonise me.

Simply put - the capture tech was the only thing I was happy with when I owned one. Everything else was just not good enough IMHO.
Yeah I hate to compliment the device but the captures were good! BUT I'll just hold on to my Kemper. Tbh I've gotten much more into modelers. I can edit so much on the Axe Fx and I love it

Yeah I hate to compliment the device but the captures were good! BUT I'll just hold on to my Kemper. Tbh I've gotten much more into modelers. I can edit so much on the Axe Fx and I love it
I did a thread here a while back called 'I've lost my faith in profiling' and the gist of it was - I don't think that profiling is a good technique to arrive at a guitar tone if accuracy is a concern. There's too much variability in the final tones you get. Goes for Kemper too. I sold my Kemper and have never been happier.

TBH, just gonna stick with my Helix and Axe III. I think they're the superior units on the market. Certainly for my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom