Banned from TGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Either Scott and his minions aren’t smart enough to figure it out, or (more likely) they don’t care.

Interested Whats Going On GIF

In defense of Scott and his crew: unless people are reporting the account, they won't know.

It's not hard to circumvent the forum software's checks for duplicate accounts. Minimal tech savviness required here.

And the volume of posts on even this board make it so mods don't read everything. Often the answer to the question, "Why did you slap them and not me?" is "Because someone reported your post so we saw it and not the other post so we didn't see it." I can imagine the post volume on TGP is beyond any human's ability to scan.

Use the report button is my advice. That's how you make moderators aware of things.

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

In defense of Scott and his crew: unless people are reporting the account, they won't know.

It's not hard to circumvent the forum software's checks for duplicate accounts. Minimal tech savviness required here.

And the volume of posts on even this board make it so mods don't read everything. Often the answer to the question, "Why did you slap them and not me?" is "Because someone reported your post so we saw it and not the other post so we didn't see it." I can imagine the post volume on TGP is beyond any human's ability to scan.

Use the report button is my advice. That's how you make moderators aware of things.

I notified them no less than four times the previous time this happened and it fell on deaf ears. It wasn't until I called the mods out in public that anything was done (and by "anything done" I mean I got banned).

While I definitely understand the task at hand isn’t always simple, I’ve been a member there for over ten years, and the DGAF vibe is super strong, even when reported. Sometimes it works though.

Yeah I wish TGP cared but they don't. I got permabanned for sending Scott, through email, proof that Waterbound was a Neural mod. I created a new account, made two general comments, then banned for "spam" LOL
I knew it. I speculated Waterbound and Kevin Thompson worked for NDSP some time ago. Their posts had all the hallmarks of a forum mole.

I knew it. I speculated Waterbound and Kevin Thompson worked for NDSP some time ago. Their posts had all the hallmarks of a forum mole.
And props to Gearzilla with his tech skills being able to pull that proof. I do think it got waterbound banned but he's probably still under a new account.

I notified them no less than four times the previous time this happened and it fell on deaf ears. It wasn't until I called the mods out in public that anything was done (and by "anything done" I mean I got banned).
That's unfortunate.

Yeah I wish TGP cared but they don't. I got permabanned for sending Scott, through email, proof that Waterbound was a Neural mod. I created a new account, made two general comments, then banned for "spam" LOL
Scott is the chief problem at that forum. If he went away it would improve 500%. But always remember, he is a real, "professional."

When you try to log in via VPN, TGP tells you the IP address has been blocked. So they do use IP address bans.

How hard would it be to instigate an IP address-ban when instigating the user ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom