Bank up bank down issue

Using the fm3 with the fc6 and the omg layout. I store my fav presets starting at #500. When I use the press/hold to scroll bank down, it jumps to bank 51 preset #153. When I Press/ hold bank up it jumps to bank 000 preset #1 every time. I just want to go 1 bank at a time. Any ideas?

I'm going to guess this is the problem:

From the face of the FM3 Settings > MIDI/Remote > Other > Preset Inc/Dec End. Set the value to 511.

I'm going to guess this is the problem:

From the face of the FM3 Settings > MIDI/Remote > Other > Preset Inc/Dec End. Set the value to 511.
Thank you. I’ll try that. Since fractal was bragging about the OMG nine layout and the preset scrolling feature, you would think they would have made the default setting skip 3 at a time instead of 350 lol...i

Last edited:
Actually, that's probably not it because that applies to preset changes via midi. There use to be upper and lower bank limit parameters but I'm not seeing those now... Must be overlooking them? I don't use an FC controller so I probably shouldn't have tried to help on this one.

Last edited:
Check your Bank Upper Limit and Bank Lower Limit settings for your Bank +/- switches in your FC layouts. If you enter 999 for the upper limit, it will automatically change to the highest possible setting based on your Bank Size setting under FC Config. That will let you get to all of the banks and presets.

The increment decrement thong didnt work. I discovered that it scrolls presets correctly in the factory presets but not the ones I saved in the #490 to #509 range. So...I “stored” factory presets 000 thru 010 in upper empty preset slots and “stored” my presets in the 000 to 010 and it works fine. It must be a per preset thing....

I was just looking at this because I have same problem, looks like if I enter 511 for the upper limit the settings will only allow you to save 85 as upper limit, I also tried to change the lower limit to a higher # like 390 to see if the range would be 390 - 475 but its not working, seems odd that you cant increment beyond 85, must be a bug in the fw or the OMg9 layout
1621230016054.png

@DaveO, I knew that parameter was there somewhere. I forgot to look at the parameters for the bank switch.

It's the upper bank limit, not the upper preset number. With 6 presets per bank, the maximum bank number would be 85 (512/6 = 85.3333).

If bank size is set to 3, the upper limit would be 512/3 = 170 (which is how I have mine configured since I'm not using an FC controller with the FM3).

@DaveO, I knew that parameter was there somewhere. I forgot to look at the parameters for the bank switch.

It's the upper bank limit, not the upper preset number. With 6 presets per bank, the maximum bank number would be 85 (512/6 = 85.3333).

If bank size is set to 3, the upper limit would be 512/3 = 170 (which is how I have mine configured since I'm not using an FC controller with the FM3).
@ethomas1013 your right, and thanks for the clarification, I needed to do math... I was just looking at my preset increments and it now works as I would expect with the upper limit set to 85. Funny thing is the default value was set at 51 not 511 Im guessing an oversite from the factory or byproduct of the OMG9 config that I loaded.

For those of us using an fc6 w omg:
Could we setup preset banks of 6 at a time (instead of 3) and scroll 6 at a time? That would cut the button pushing in half and give us twice as many presets to choose from on the fs6 in each bank. (Wouldn’t that be cool!) By default I am seing a duplicate on the top row of preset buttons in every bank. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
My preset layout looks like this.

Attachments

• 2FB7EC27-FA16-44D5-8068-248BD92A39AE.jpeg
    2FB7EC27-FA16-44D5-8068-248BD92A39AE.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
For those of us using an fc6 w omg:
Could we setup preset banks of 6 at a time (instead of 3) and scroll 6 at a time? That would cut the button pushing in half and give us twice as many presets to choose from on the fs6 in each bank. (Wouldn’t that be cool!) By default I am seing a duplicate on the top row of preset buttons in every bank. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
My preset layout looks like this.
I was looking at this and at first, I was getting some mixed results on testing and was getting myself confused. (no surprise) but can see that depressing and holding down button 3 increments all 6 banks. For example, I am on patch/bank 150 hold button 3 down until the green button lights flash then tap button 1 on the FC6, then now I’m on patch 156, so I have incremented all 6 banks. This should work for you too, you might try and verify your layouts make sure layout 1 is setup correctly if you do not get same results.
here is mine for reference,
1621312162356.png

Mine only shows duplicates on the top row. In fm3 edit when I click preset (in the fuctions section) I can only select 1,2, or 3. What can I do to get 6 different presets displayed on my presets layot on the fc6?

Attachments

• 80BAB6C1-EB76-49C8-8060-AE9CA98EBF12.jpeg
    80BAB6C1-EB76-49C8-8060-AE9CA98EBF12.jpeg
    6.4 MB · Views: 8
Mine only shows duplicates on the top row. In fm3 edit when I click preset (in the fuctions section) I can only select 1,2, or 3. What can I do to get 6 different presets displayed on my presets layot on the fc6?
Change Bank Size to 6.

I would love to....Where can I change the bank size? I scoured the preset layout in the Fm3 edit. Maybe its on the unit itself?

Attachments

• D308297F-95CC-444F-8EB9-3B6D4D8001F0.jpeg
    D308297F-95CC-444F-8EB9-3B6D4D8001F0.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 6
I would love to....Where can I change the bank size? I scoured the preset layout in the Fm3 edit. Maybe its on the unit itself?

Select the button that is assigned for Bank up or Bank down. Looks like you have Bank+ assigned to the hold function of switch 3. Bank size is one of the parameters for the Bank up or Bank Down functions. Look at post #8.

Thanks ethomas1013. First problem solved.Setting the increment/decrement to -2 and +2 let me jump 6 presets at a time. But why does my preset layout show duplicates on the top 3 row of buttons? All 6 button functions are set to tap-preset. When I change fc controlers config bank size, that effects the jump size, not what is displayed on the preset layout buttons.

Attachments

• D6BE3CCE-BEFD-482E-8B8A-3E6B799972CA.jpeg
    D6BE3CCE-BEFD-482E-8B8A-3E6B799972CA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
  • 6A709621-00C8-4447-9E8B-F24F5C6C5902.jpeg
    6A709621-00C8-4447-9E8B-F24F5C6C5902.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thanks ethomas1013. First problem solved.Setting the increment/decrement to -2 and +2 let me jump 6 presets at a time. But why does my preset layout show duplicates on the top 3 row of buttons? All 6 button functions are set to tap-preset
I think you need to reset system parameters and re-load OMG9. Some parameter(s) isn't right, it shouldn't need any fudging to get the OMG9 to work properly.

Because your bank size is set lower than the number of preset switches in your layout. If you have 6 preset switches in your layout, set your bank size to 6, otherwise it will fill the extra switches with duplicate presets. Also, if you use +2 and -2 for inc/dec, you'll only be able to get to every other bank. Use +1 and -1 if you want access to all banks and set your bank size and upper and lower limits accordingly. Hit the FC Config button to get to the Bank Size setting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom