Wish "Bank Style" for AX8 - Scrolling presets, auto-engaging presets

mrtheedge2u

Inspired
Hey Guys,
I moved from the AxeFx with the MFC to the AX8. Was hoping someone could help me out. I have my AX8 set up to have 8 presets (no scenes). The FS1, FS2, and FS3 switches are set to be tuner, bank up, and bank down.

When you bank up or down, it automatically changes the preset, rather than waiting for me to push the preset number. Therefore, if I am near the end of a song and I want to change banks before I stop playing so that I can quickly switch to the preset for the next song, I can't. I hope I am making sense.

What I want to do is similar to the MFC; I want to be able to bank up/down, without automatically changing / engaging the preset as I go through banks. Also, I can't seem to figure out if I can hold the Bank up/down switch to scroll faster than one by one.

Anyone else use their board like this for presets?

on the MFC, it was known as Bank Style. the AX8 does not have a setting like that currently, and will engage the next Bank/Preset when you switch to it.

i can edit this post to become a Wish item if you'd like.

do your F2 and F3 switches have a Hold Function set?

on the MFC, it was known as Bank Style. the AX8 does not have a setting like that currently, and will engage the next Bank/Preset when you switch to it.

i can edit this post to become a Wish item if you'd like.

do your F2 and F3 switches have a Hold Function set?

I removed the hold functions from the F2 and F3. I only use them as bank up and bank down. I'd definitely like this to be a wish!!! Appreciate the help Chris! I've had you help me one-on-one with the Ultra in the past you always have the answers!! ;)

set the f switches to "single" bank/preset up down. you use the f switches to get to the bank you want but the preset does not engage until you hit one of the 1-8 switches

I would love that option but when you go to select the FS functions, there's no option for "single" bank/preset up down. The only close options are Preset Up, Preset Down, Bank Up, Bank Down, Single Scene, Single XY.

set the f switches to "single" bank/preset up down. you use the f switches to get to the bank you want but the preset does not engage until you hit one of the 1-8 switches

Yes, that's the way.

Nevertheless, something similar to the MFC's "Bank Style" would be nice.

Last edited:
Yes, that's the way.

Neverhteless, something similar to the MFC's "Bank Style" would be nice.
Yes that's the way?? There is no "single bank / preset" option. I think unless "Bank Style" is added to a future release soon, I'm screwed for what I want to do. I can't be the only one out there who operates their board with banks and presets only.

I would love that option but when you go to select the FS functions, there's no option for "single" bank/preset up down. The only close options are Preset Up, Preset Down, Bank Up, Bank Down, Single Scene, Single XY.
I am sorry I miss typed(I was not at my AX-8) I use single preset/bank on F1, and F2 and F3 get you up and down the banks, then a preset is only selected when you step on one of the switches 1-8. this to me seems like what you are asking for. if you want to stay on the same bank when you press F1 you have your 8 presets in the bank listed to choose from 1-8. no need to sett all 8 switches as preset switches. use them as IA or scenes or what ever.

I am sorry I miss typed(I was not at my AX-8) I use single preset/bank on F1, and F2 and F3 get you up and down the banks, then a preset is only selected when you step on one of the switches 1-8. this to me seems like what you are asking for. if you want to stay on the same bank when you press F1 you have your 8 presets in the bank listed to choose from 1-8. no need to sett all 8 switches as preset switches. use them as IA or scenes or what ever.
Thanks Paranoid. Just sent you a PM. Not sure I fully understand what you're talking about. Thanks!

Paranoids solution is a good fix in lieu of the "Bank Style" as in the MFC. I'd still love to see that as an update sooner than later. Especially the ability to hold down the Bank Up/Down button and speed through the banks... Thanks Paranoid!

Back
Top Bottom