Bank of Fender

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
one whole bank filled with presets using Fender sims.
I made 99% of these presets from scratch, some were posted here already, some were not.
This bank includes sounds of 'raw' amp->cab setups, as well as drive pedal emulations and not-so-subtle fx.
I'd say it has an overall vintage-y vibe to it.

I supply this bank as-is, I don't have an Ultra anymore, so there'll be no update of any sort.

These patches were used extensively in many of my projects the last year (note the amount of surf-esque sounds) and they worked well during tracking as well as mixing, so in a sense you get road-tested presets.
The presets were made on ADAM P11a monitors and I mostly use singlecoil/lipstick pickups, but even with a EMG81 the results were useable ;)

dp-Bank-of-Fender-2012.jpg

enjoy!

p.s.
seems like the sysex file can't be hosted here (too big),
please download from here (use the blue button):

Bank of Fender dp.syx

p.p.s.
here's my Redwirez user cab layout:

01 TwinJensenC12N-SM7-CapEdge-0in + TwinJensenC12N-SM57-CapEdgeOffAxis-1in 50/50
02 BassmanP10Qs-TAB57-CapEdgeOffAxis-0in.syx
03 DeluxeRev12K56-TAB57-CapEdgeOffAxis-0in.syx
04 Marshall1960A-G12Ms-R121-CapOffAxis-1in.syx
05 BasketweaveG12M20s-R121 & 421.syx
06 Marshall1960B-V30s-TAB57-CapEdgeOffAxis-0in.syx
07 MarkIIC_EV12L-R121-CapEdgeOffAxis-1in.syx
08 MesaRectifierV30s C414 Smooth 12in recipe
09 57 Off-Axis 2 More Pres.syx
10 ASEM RECTO V30 L2.syx

p.p.p.s.
Velvet Sun is of course a factory preset.
I must have overlooked that one, otherwise I wouldn't have included it, obviously. I used it quite a bit, even on vocals - stunning preset, whoever came up with this, thank you! :)

one more: Organ Grinder is of course another factory preset. A great preset - but not mine in any way.
sorry about this.

Last edited:
AWESOME!!!!!! Don I've been waiting patiently for these since you first mentioned them. And I must add patience is NOT
my strong point lol. The only quote that sums this up for me is Luigi from the Pixar movie "Cars"...

"I am so happy for today is the most gloooorious day of my life!" :lol Thanks for this Don.

Thanks Don, I already use quite some of your material, always surprising. Looking forward to try them as soon as I get my ULTRA back.

Suggestion:

For my Fender rootsy sims I've started placing the Reverb Block (with a Spring Reverb sim) *before* the Amp Block rather than after the Amp Block (which is where it would normally be placed for optimal fidelity of the reverb).
I think that this better replicates the placement of Fender's reverbs in the circuit (originally between preamp and power amp?), especially when using a preset involving power tube overdrive.

Suggestion:

For my Fender rootsy sims I've started placing the Reverb Block (with a Spring Reverb sim) *before* the Amp Block rather than after the Amp Block (which is where it would normally be placed for optimal fidelity of the reverb).
I think that this better replicates the placement of Fender's reverbs in the circuit (originally between preamp and power amp?), especially when using a preset involving power tube overdrive.

I see that the OP has done the same in at least one of his presets.

Suggestion:

I doubt that there are any amp designs with the reverb after the power-amp ;)

One reason why you would sometimes place the reverb before the amp-block is to simulate the external reverb tanks (fender made some that were used by surf-music guys) and where the reverb signal was also overdriven by the amp.

I think that placing the reverb after the amp is not a fidelty choice but just a question of wanting reverb (or delay etc. for that matter) be affecting the sound of the amp, but not be affected by the dynamics of the amp. On a delay you could end up with overdrive on the dry signal but because of the lower volume of the echoes they would be clean. Sometimes you want that and sometimes you don't.

Jens

Back
Top Bottom