Banjo.....yes I know...

lukather

Inspired
I'm looking for a good banjo sound...

My band say its sounds like that anyhow...!!!

doing a gig with guys who do mumford & sons covers...!!! is this possible on the Axefx?

thanks

Yes, bring it on.
I actually use a lot of instruments through my Axe live. This includes a banjo for a few numbers. I would love to be able to do a reasonable acoustic guitar and banjo simulation, so that I don't have to take so many instruments along.

Any ideas. Come on Axe guru's

Andrew

I was going to ask the same thing myself..

So there's at least 3 of us that can't figure it out, hoping someone out there might know how to do this :)

Are you looking to simulate the sound of a banjo, or to play a banjo through the AxeFx? If I had a way to drive the bridge I'd make an IR from one of my banjos.

hi.

I managed to get a Koto sound out of an electric guitar with the Axe.

You'll need a compressor to get a real snappy attack, than use the Expander to 'kill' the decay. I guess a properly set up resonator could take care of the banjo specific uh... resonances. An abused reverb with a really short setting produces these odd metallic buzzing (combfiltering, I guess) - or use the comb filter instead - ha!

A custom IR to get from the DI guitar signal to banjo(esque) sounds might be another way.
If someone can supply a dry (only banjo, no reverb etc.) recording I can construct the IR.

It'll only be a step on the way, tho.

How do you create an IR just from a recording of a banjo? I would have to mic the banjo, so I don't know if that qualifies as a dry recording.

well as long as it's just the banjo, it'll do.
all parts of the recording (banjo, mic, mic placement, preamp etc) will influence the result, but it'll give me a good idea of how to approach this.

thanks
Don

hi.

I managed to get a Koto sound out of an electric guitar with the Axe.

You'll need a compressor to get a real snappy attack, than use the Expander to 'kill' the decay. I guess a properly set up resonator could take care of the banjo specific uh... resonances. An abused reverb with a really short setting produces these odd metallic buzzing (combfiltering, I guess) - or use the comb filter instead - ha!

A custom IR to get from the DI guitar signal to banjo(esque) sounds might be another way.
If someone can supply a dry (only banjo, no reverb etc.) recording I can construct the IR.

It'll only be a step on the way, tho.

can you share your koto patch please

Oh dang I didn’t even look at the date. Sorry I’m just desperately looking for some Asian instrument patches. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom