Band in a Box - A good companion for the confinement

Piing

Axe-Master
I was not using BiaB since it was just a MIDI song generator without Real Tracks. Today I have purchased version 2020 and I am enjoying it a lot. There have been huge improvements. I used to complain that all the styles were jazz, country, r'n'r, classic latino styles... but now several modern styles have been included

Here is a demo chord sequence. The only changes I've made to the original tracks of the demo are to add a Female Voices Gospel and the Eventide Blackhole VST at the Lead Guitar

That is not me playing. All tracks are generated by BiaB. The fun part is to disable the Guitar tracks and play yourself. The auto-generated melodies and chords can also be very instructive. It is possible to visualize notation, tabs and fretboard

I've made an experiment by quickly replacing these chords with other "random" chords. Some are wrong, and that drives the band crazy :D

Anyone else is using BiaB?

Last edited:
Interesting, it really didn't do too bad in the first one, even the lead. Second one is, uh, a little bent, but that's what you wanted, so.

I wonder how I'd feel about jamming over this as opposed to, say, some of the TrueFire Jam Tracks stuff, just for fun.

Nice! I didn't bond with BiaB. Too lazy for the amount of work involved.
This and backing tracks has been my quarantine band.

s-l300.jpg

The second one is a total mess. I tried to enter the chords of "The Great Gig in the Sky," to give the gospel ladies a hard time, but the result is weird

Interesting to see this thread; I was just checking out BIAB 2020 just last night to create some tracks to jam with.

I have an older version that won't run on Windows 7/10 and it seems it has come a very long way since then.

What version/bundle did you get?

Back
Top Bottom