Balancing the volume levels of presets

wcfieldskx

Power User
I know there have been a few threads on this, but I can't seem to find them, so someone please point me in the right direction if you can.
I need to equalize the volume of a bunch of my presets because right now when I'm switching, there are huge volume jumps between them. Does this have to be done manually within each preset?

Thanks,

I know there have been a few threads on this, but I can't seem to find them, so someone please point me in the right direction if you can.
I need to equalize the volume of a bunch of my presets because right now when I'm switching, there are huge volume jumps between them. Does this have to be done manually within each preset?

Thanks,

Yeah, unfortunately I have to do this with every firmware update but definitely sounds better afterwards. For some reason, I can't just switch off and back on to an amp and have it bring up the settings. Have to do it manually.

Where exactly do I turn up the output volume inside the preset? Tried the obvious, and hear no difference in volume

Didn't someone post a method to increase or decrease amp level using the mfc? Would make the job easier if one had to adjust at a gig.

Im using the Waves Dorrough Meter plugin with cubase. Works pretty good....but only for starters. The final tweaks need to be done playing live.

Last edited:
Didn't someone post a method to increase or decrease amp level using the mfc? Would make the job easier if one had to adjust at a gig.
The Axe allows you to assign MIDI CCs to raise/lower the output of the current preset by 1 dB, and it auto-saves the patch. I use two button on my MIDI controller for this purpose, and it works great for leveling live.

I reckon it's best to do by ear rather than by eye

and best to do with a backing track playing so you get the right amount of boost for your soloing tones

Back
Top Bottom