Added patch for Cygnus 16.05 firmware on Sep 18 2021
Added patch for Firmware 22 beta 7 on April 11, 2023

Added patch for Firmware 22 beta 7 on April 17, 2023

Modified patch to have 3 different Keys G, A & Bb on April 17, 2023
Scene 1 = Key G
Scene 1 = Key A
Scene 1 = Key Bb

Hey everyone,

I originally created a Bagpipes patch for The AxeFx II over 7 years ago. I finally got around to tweaking it for AxeFx III. (Firmware 11.0)

I've simplified it a little and I went without the Tone Match because I didn't feel it made it any better. I hope you like it!

Patch is attached.

I have External 1 assigned to Input Volume.
I have External 2 assigned to a pedal to control the drone volume.

Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy!

P.S. The drone key can be changed by tweaking the frequency parameter for each of the voices on Synth 2. (Tweak all 3 to be the same or just slightly different).
Key of G >> Freq ~ 330Hz
Key of A >> Freq ~ 374Hz
Key of Bb >> Freq ~ 390Hz

I do not know the Math behind these numbers! I would have thought Key of A would have a Freq of 440Hz or 220Hz, but that didn't work.
Just use your ears (and a tuner perhaps) and tweak around until it sounds about right!

Attachments

• Bag Pipes MC A drone A11.00.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 277
  • Bag Pipes A drone MC 16.05.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Bag Pipes G-A-Bb drone MC 22b7.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
This sounds absolutely amazing... Thank you! I was dying to get my AC/DC on, but sadly this is not working on FM3 running Cygnus. The blocks came over just a little jumbled. I also have no external pedals in order to access the controllers. There is also no drone. Any tips to make this work on FM3? Thanks!!

This sounds absolutely amazing... Thank you! I was dying to get my AC/DC on, but sadly this is not working on FM3 running Cygnus. The blocks came over just a little jumbled. I also have no external pedals in order to access the controllers. There is also no drone. Any tips to make this work on FM3? Thanks!!
You can use FracTool to inspect the original patch and determine the original path. From there, try and recreate in the FM3?

Not having seen the blocks, there might be some inherent limitation in the FM3 that might make this patch tough to replicate fully.

I just added the patch for my latest version in the opening post. I will add it here too.

I only have the Axe-Fx III so not sure how it will translate for the FM3.

If you have no external controllers you will need to remove the assignments I have built into the patch:

I have External 1 assigned to Input Volume.
I have External 2 assigned to a pedal to control the drone volume.

Let me know how it goes. Enjoy!

Mark

Attachments

• Bag Pipes A drone MC 16.05.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 118
Thanks Mark! I really appreciate the effort. Last night I tried to find the controllers to remove those 2 assignments but instead I found 4 “controllers” for other things than Input Volume and Drone Volume you mentioned above and didn’t want to change those unrelated items. I’ll try the newer version when I can get home to the Fractal and see how it goes. Thanks again!

Thank you Mark! I've always loved this patch and used it on my Axe FX II. Happy to see that it is now available for the Axe FX III. Downloaded!!

I tried this but couldn't make it sound like your clip. Is there some voodoo to using this?

Edit: by voodoo I meant technique ;).

Last edited:
It’s part of my presets since I discovered it a long time ago. It makes an amazing effect on the audience when playing It’s a long way to the top if you wanna rocknroll. Thanks for sharing.

I tried this but couldn't make it sound like your clip. Is there some voodoo to using this?

Edit: by voodoo I meant technique ;).
Haha! No, no voodoo. I have 2 pedals attached to controllers to control the level of the drone and the other level separately.

However, it should still work if you disable those controllers. (It will just be annoying because as soon as you select the patch the drone will sound - and it is an obnoxious sound!)

Back
Top Bottom