Bagpipes Attempt

I just tried the patch from #30 with FW12.01 and it clippes like hell. Seems like overloading the processor too. Can anyone have a look at it - maybe it is just me using it the wrong way?

I was thinking of this too - but the sound may be changed since originally one row enters the TMA block only (without the cab block). Did you notice any change in sound?

My band is doing Long Way To The Top now too. First run through is tonight. I just added this patch last night. I had to lower the level of the amp down to -28db, and then lowered the synth volume to match it. I think it was -17db? Seems in line with my other patches now too, and the overloading is gone.

My band is doing Long Way To The Top now too. First run through is tonight. I just added this patch last night. I had to lower the level of the amp down to -28db, and then lowered the synth volume to match it. I think it was -17db? Seems in line with my other patches now too, and the overloading is gone.
I'd love to know how precisely you use this live. I can't quite sort it out. (Not that I gig; just that I'd like to play along with BT).

I just tried the patch from #30 with FW12.01 and it clippes like hell. Seems like overloading the processor too. Can anyone have a look at it - maybe it is just me using it the wrong way?

Hi,

Anyone got an EASY way to solve this??

I am also having the same issue - clipping but even worse is the crackling, from, I suspect, the processor overload (got the message flashing up briefly on the screen - so must be right on the limit/edge).

Any help gratefully received as I'd love to use this patch at the next gig! Great preset by the way ! Thanks!!

here you go

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Bag Pipes MC A drone TM - by simeon

there were some blocks in that patch that didn't need to be there, so i removed them and the amp needed resetting. i also added another delay.

there was also a problem with the external 1 controlling the synth mix instead of the synth volume, which was allowing some dry signal through when it shouldn't have, so i fixed that as well

the tone match data was fine and the patch still sounds great!

here you go

Axe-Change - Download Preset - Bag Pipes MC A drone TM - by simeon

there were some blocks in that patch that didn't need to be there, so i removed them and the amp needed resetting. i also added another delay.

there was also a problem with the external 1 controlling the synth mix instead of the synth volume, which was allowing some dry signal through when it shouldn't have, so i fixed that as well

the tone match data was fine and the patch still sounds great!

Thank you so much Simeon - will have a go when I get home tonight!!!!

inbetween the amp and tone match? presumably, he created the patch with the cab block and then did the tone match with the cab block included. it looks like the patch has been through a few iterations. i wouldn't remove the cab block, because the tone match data will no longer be correct. there was a bypassed peq block that i removed, which i guess was there before he did the tone match

My band just started working on Copperhead Road. This preset will provide a great starting point!

Thanks!!!

Thanks Simeon for doing this.

I just tweaked my patch yesterday and was going to post here and saw that you had already done it.:)

Reactions: yek
Thanks Simeon for doing this.

I just tweaked my patch yesterday and was going to post here and saw that you had already done it.:)

ah sorry mark - hope you don't mind. i had the time, so i just jumped on it. i wasn't even sure if you were around any more...i can't recall seeing any posts from you lately...

btw - interesting to see how the patch evolved...i could kind of read the story of it, because you left redundant blocks in place instead of removing them. :)

Back
Top Bottom