Bagpipes Attempt

yes, but you can disconnect external 1 and external 2 from the volume blocks if you wanna have a play with it

ah sorry mark - hope you don't mind. i had the time, so i just jumped on it. i wasn't even sure if you were around any more...i can't recall seeing any posts from you lately...

btw - interesting to see how the patch evolved...i could kind of read the story of it, because you left redundant blocks in place instead of removing them. :)

No problem at all Simeon!

I was only able to make this patch in the first place because of some tips I took from you about synth blocks :)

That's one of the strengths of a forum like this - we can all benefit from each others' ideas and then maybe even develop them further.

I am definitely still around. Just busier than I used to be and unfortunately don't have as much time for experimentation...

I'm continually impressed and amazed at the updates that keep coming and making things better and better.
Love this black box!

This is way cool! I'm having tons of fun with these synth presets. I left my pedals at the auditorium so I rigged it up with the first volume block controlled by envelope and tied the second to LFO1a. Then I set the modifiers on the volume block to min 5, max 7.5. It kind of imparts a breathing feel to the drone. Plus it lets you play with it without any pedal board action!

Wow! @Mark Cullen 's original preset still sounds amazing on QFW2.02! I still haven't even tried all the other variations yet, but the first one is still sounding great after all the FW releases! :)

Talk about an old thread!

Wow! @Mark Cullen 's original preset still sounds amazing on QFW2.02! I still haven't even tried all the other variations yet, but the first one is still sounding great after all the FW releases! :)

Talk about an old thread!

I've tried Marks original and it sounds bad on my Axe. Firmware is way different.

Hey guys!

I'm glad some of you are still finding love for this patch!

Here is a version for Q2.02 for the key of A

If you want to change the key, tweak the frequency parameter for each of the voices on Synth 2

Controller assignments:
External 1 controls the high volume
External 2 controls the drone volume
(Beware - this preset needs no input to create output. To silence the sound you must have Ext 2 turned down)

Attachments

• Bag Pipes MC A drone Q2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 79
Hi everyone,

This is an attempt at getting a Bagpipes sound from guitar. I'm using a strat (not that the guitar type matters much for this sound).

I also made use of Tone Matching to get the texture/tone a bit closer.

If I could figure out how to get a constant signal to the Synth block that's creating the drone it would be much better. Maybe someone can tell me how?

Here's the patch:

OK - new improved recording and presets at Post #30

Aye!...... no a bad joab again laddie.......no a bad joab at aw.... \m/

Hi, I am a new user of a FX8 markII, can anyone share the settings for the bagpipe effect? The sample are blowing me away.

Back
Top Bottom