Bagpipe preset

Roadrunner

Power User
Hi all.
There is an old bag pipe preset done by Simeon back in the days for Axe II.
While the preset runes 2 x Synth blocks and the FM3 can do only one, anyone tried to convert it or to redo it to fit the FM3?
I'm looking for something like a bag pipe sound for AC/DC "Its a long way to the top" solo part.
Thanks.

Attachments

• p001967_BagPipesMCAdroneTMv12.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 20
  • bagpipe.jpg
    bagpipe.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 17
yeah, it's for the axe fx II. i converted it to axe fx III with fractool. the drones work ok, but the melody part seems a bit borked and the tonematch data is missing. i've attached it here so you can have a look and maybe rebuild it, although i'm not sure you're going to have much luck with one synth block.

Attachments

• bagpipes III.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 16
I adapted the earlier version of bagpipes and use it on my FM3 to play Long Way to the Top. FYI, my band plays a half step down, so you'll have to adjust the drone to the proper pitch if you tune standard. This uses legacy factory cabs, so all you need is the preset, attached. Good luck! Forgot to mention, the bagpipe is on Scene 2 and the volume pedal adjusts how loud you want the drone to be, pedal set on Ext 1.

Attachments

• Bagpipe.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 43
It's a long road to the top if you want to rock and roll. I used 2 expression pedals, one for the drone to come in and the second to enable the chain for the bagpipe section. Can't add up all the hours I've spent on that preset ever evolving over two years playing it bi-weekly. Only used one scene for the song and the expression pedals to do the rest. Also had a third expression to boost that lead thing in the middle of the bagpipe section. That bagpipe section has an underlying note change (I don't really know how bagpipes work) but it made me figure out how to make custom scales for the pitch shifter that I added and it made it so much more realistic having the extra harmonizing notes.

I would share mine but I was using an external amp to generate the guitar tone rather than an amp and cab block. Also had another chain running through the amps FX loop so. If I can find the time I'll rebuild and share. Other guitar player started the song and I came in with Malcom's part.

Super cool guys, I will try the presets this evening.
My band also play all half step down so no problem at all.
@Tom Morris, I will be happy to try even the FX chain only as I will probably adapt it to the amp/cab I’m using for this song.

I thought maybe to mess a little with a pitch block for creating a harmony layer or 2 over the basic tone but I’m not even 25% there.
This bagpipe sound is so crucial in this song, I mean, it’s simply not it if not using it.

So I threw an amp and cab block in my old 4CM preset and rearranged things enough for it to work. Factory cab from the Legacy bank. I use an FC-6 with 3 expression pedals connected to that. You can see in the photo what's connected to what. Pedal one does the drone. Pedal 2 toe down brings in the bagpipes. Pedal three adds a boost for that lead thing in the middle of the bagpipe part. Also just realized the group I played this with didn't do anything in E flat so this is set up for E. Meaning both the synth blocks thee voices would need to be changed as well as making a new custom scale for the pitch block. Just try it on an E guitar lol.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 3.11.33 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 3.11.33 AM.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-ITS -A -LONG -WAY-in-E.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 29
I adapted the earlier version of bagpipes and use it on my FM3 to play Long Way to the Top. FYI, my band plays a half step down, so you'll have to adjust the drone to the proper pitch if you tune standard. This uses legacy factory cabs, so all you need is the preset, attached. Good luck! Forgot to mention, the bagpipe is on Scene 2 and the volume pedal adjusts how loud you want the drone to be, pedal set on Ext 1.
Thank's heaps for this - I needed something for the opening of Copperhead Rd and with a bit of movement in the synth, it worked really well. I haven't dabbled with the synth previously and your patch really helped.
I also was impressed how AC/DC the Archean amp sounded - awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom