Bag that can fit FM3, FC6, and some cables

clags

Any good suggestions for a bag that will fit my FM3, FC6, expression pedal and some cables?

At the risk of blasphemy, this is one hell of a bag that I use for exactly that purpose if you can get past the logos! I liked my first one so much, I actually bought a second. The size of the compartments are ideal for FM3 and FC6 (I actually have FC6 and two Mission pedals mounted on a Pedaltrain Metro 20 and it fits in the larger compartment like it was designed for it, with FM3 fitting perfectly in smaller compartment with room to spare for cables, etc., plus 3rd compartment for tools, strings, etc.). If FAS could seek out the manufacturer and put their own label on it and add it to their merch shop, it would be icing on the cake and they'd sell a boatload of them. The good news is that the logos are black and not noticeable with the exception of the silver X, which I've considered coloring black with a Sharpie as well!

My first thought too. Will likely be selling my Helix soon but will definitely be keeping the bag. Seems an FM3 and FC12 would fit perfectly.

I use a dslr backpack. It was about $30. Holds the fm3, expression pedal, 2 button footswitch, guitar cable. Xlrs. Laptop, and room for extra junk. It is well padded as dslr are a bit more fragile than the fm3 that's meant to be stepped on!

PXL_20201014_142437575~2.jpg

I'm using my Targus travel bag and seems to work fine. I only have the FM3 but it does have 2 sections and it fits in both (so I assume an FC6 might work in parallel with an FM3). I have a CUSTOM cover as well I use while my FM3 is on my desk that I can use when storing in the Targus.

Attachments

• PXL_20201014_142536616~2.jpg
    PXL_20201014_142536616~2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
  • PXL_20201014_142703599~2.jpg
    PXL_20201014_142703599~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20201117_223242833.jpg
    PXL_20201117_223242833.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
Don't forget to swing by a Goodwill or thrift store - old suitcases or bags will often work great.
I used to use a carry-on with a towel between the FM3 and FC6. Plenty of room for cables and such. And wheels!

I use a dslr backpack. It was about $30. Holds the fm3, expression pedal, 2 button footswitch, guitar cable. Xlrs. Laptop, and room for extra junk. It is well padded as dslr are a bit more fragile than the fm3 that's meant to be stepped on!
Got a pointer to that?

I pulled my boss pedalboard bag out of retirement for the FM3 and FC6. fits perfect.
Search Boss BagL2
Should be 60 bucks USD new

At the risk of blasphemy, this is one hell of a bag that I use for exactly that purpose if you can get past the logos! I liked my first one so much, I actually bought a second. The size of the compartments are ideal for FM3 and FC6 (I actually have FC6 and two Mission pedals mounted on a Pedaltrain Metro 20 and it fits in the larger compartment like it was designed for it, with FM3 fitting perfectly in smaller compartment with room to spare for cables, etc., plus 3rd compartment for tools, strings, etc.). If FAS could seek out the manufacturer and put their own label on it and add it to their merch shop, it would be icing on the cake and they'd sell a boatload of them. The good news is that the logos are black and not noticeable with the exception of the silver X, which I've considered coloring black with a Sharpie as well!

Just to be sure: can you put FM3 and FC6 inside the big compartment?

When you put the 2 units, there a lot of empty room, or they fit like a glove?

I've been using this for a few years with my FC12 and 2xEV's. So far, it's been rock solid. I would guess it would work equally well with an FM3/FC6 combo. I removed the rubber feet on the EV2's so it would slide in better. Otherwise, it's too tight with all in one compartment. You could probably shove 4xEV2's in the larger front compartment. I really like this setup, because it's a backpack. Leaves my two arms free to carry the Axe III & Guitar.

I found a High Sierra backpack at Costco, well priced at $29.95. It is well built, lots of padding and holds FM3 in one pocket, FC6 in another pocket, with a 1/2" padding on top of FC6 the Expression pedal fits perfectly on top. Other pockets hold a lot of cables/cords/etc. Quite happy with it and for not much money.

It wasn't cheap, around $200 and can be ordered customized to your liking. I got mine with one pocket on the front which does hold my necessary cables but it is a small pocket which would be my only complaint otherwise it is a perfect fit and well made. I got the FM3 + FC6 clamshell gig bag at studioslips.com.

This bag SKB SC2111 is 54 cm of lenght.

FM3+FC6 are 56 cm of lenght.

Are you sure there is no problem with that 2 cm?
Don’t have a picture right now but the trick is to turn each of them a 1/4 turn. I put them facing each other but as long as you turn them 1/4 turn they both fit

Back
Top Bottom