[BAD CHECKSUM ERROR] - Getting the feared 'Bad Checksum Error' - Any help is welcome!

I've installed the Axe-Edit and hooked up my Axe-Fx ULTRA to my computer and it seemed to be working, but when I want to save a patch to the Axe by pressing save, I get the Bad Checksum Error.

This is the gear I'm using:
- Latest Axe Firmware
- Latest Axe-Edit
- PreSonus FirePod
- MIDIsport 4x4 (hooked up the Axe to MIDI in Port 2 and MIDI Out Port 2)
- Windows 7

I presume it has something to do with the gear listed above, I've read similar problems.
So, what do I do now? I want to work with the Axe-Edit, since it's gonna make a lot of things more easier!

That's a tough one. I had the same thing with a cheap-ass EMU interface. It worked fine until I tried to upgrade firmware, wouldn't do it. I got a Cakewalk UM-2G after reading someone having good luck with it and it worked like a charm. Someone said something some interfaces not passing raw sysex correctly or something, I don't know. Wish I could help, as I felt your pain for a few weeks.

I had a terrible time with this a couple weeks ago. Everything was looking fine and Axe Edit was reading the Ultra.

What I had to do is go into Settings > Midi Settings and played around with the buffer size. I think I cut it in half (to 128 from 256) and that did it.

Just turned the buffer delay up to max and it seems to be working.

Good to hear. I should have mentioned mess with that too. I don't know what it is - older computer, different transfer rates for different hookups, driver issues - whatever, but messing with those settings has always been the fix for me (after hours of agonizing frustration and some good help on this forum).

Yeah, I hope people find this thread someday and they'll know what to do.
So, to sum it up
- Fiddle around with the Buffer Delay and if needed the Buffer Size!

Back
Top Bottom