Wish Bad Cat Lynx Amp

I may be able to put something together for you. I was able to recreate the BadCat CubIII 15w using the Dc30 model and BadCat impedance curve. It was really ridiculously close to the physical amps that I used for years.
He might be referring to the brand new version of the Lynx, which seems like a more modern type amp from Bad Cat. Sounds pretty damn awesome from the vids I've seen.

Can you elaborate on how you achieved this or please share the preset? Thanks
Using the matchless ef86 model, switch the impedance curve to the BadCat one. Choose a BadCat IR (3sigma) or a v30ish cab.

I prefer the matchless impedance curve though. The BadCat has some harsh high end in the modeled curve, and in real life.

When I get some time with the rig, I hope to put a preset together and share it.

When I get some time with the rig, I hope to put a preset together and share it.
I'm going to need you to get on this ASAP ;) I was just telling a guy at a local music store yesterday that if I had to go back to an amp it would be one of the Bad Cat's...sadly for the price he had on the head/cab I could buy another MarkII Turbo with money left over.
"Time"...now there is a feature for the "Wish List"... click on the button and "time" stands still to give me more time for playing as opposed to the other crap everyone asks of me!
I'm sure one of the snarky "experts" on here would tell me to send Cliff the clock I want modeled or that my wish was in the wrong thread!

Reported for posting traumatic pictures 😭 (I kid. But damn... that sucks)
It led me to Fractal and a much lighter rig 🙂
Good trade
Damn. I gather you lived though?
Yes thumb broken twice and dislocated and back broken twice. But still kicking. My 10yr old walked away with a jammed finger and a couple of tiny cuts. That rig took the biggest hit ... also a good trade any day.

It led me to Fractal and a much lighter rig 🙂
Good trade

Yes thumb broken twice and dislocated and back broken twice. But still kicking. My 10yr old walked away with a jammed finger and a couple of tiny cuts. That rig took the biggest hit ... also a good trade any day.
I hope Jake from State Farm or Flo stepped up and covered the rig! SC

About BadCat reliability
After the wreck, I put the tubes that were knocked out back into the chassis and extended the speaker wire.
When I powered it up.. that amp still played, even smashed into 9 or so pieces.

I sent it to John at BadCat, who used it in a photo for the website... then he stopped responding to calls or emails... Which is why I haven't bought another one.

I will still be getting another Cub15R soon to analyze and model. Then I may flip it with the cab and road cases.

Just looked at some reviews/demos of the new Jet Black, it looks like Bad Cat brand is gaining steam. First I heard of them was when Steven Wilson mentioned he used (I believe a Hot Cat) in Porcupine Tree for his live rig.

I think if I ever wanted to go back to tube amps it would be one of the updated Bad Cats. 40watter...can't remember which one that is but they are not bad at all. If I ever went back to the stage...which I won't... I'd go Headfirst from Australia but nobody needs that playing in the office/studio.

Back
Top Bottom