Bacon Bacon Bacon

The way I learned to make perfect bacon.

Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

Take a cookie sheet pan and line with baking parchment (so it don't stick or burn and for the love of all that's good in the world, wax paper is NOT an equivalent substitute ).

Place your bacon down on the paper.

Spray the bottom of an identical cookie sheet pan with non stick cooking spray.

Take the bottom of the sprayed pan and press down on top of the bacon.

Cook for 10 minutes in oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then switch the oven to broil and cook another 10 minutes.

Take out of oven.

Depending upon your oven thermostat it should make perfect bacon that is also flat too. You can try reducing the time by 2 minutes for each stage if your oven runs hotter than the marked temp. If worse comes to worse, you can always cook it longer.

Guitar players...sheeesh. The micro cooker captures all of the grease, is super easy to clean, (just wipe the grease out of the cooker) and then stick it in the dishwasher. I admit I was skeptical when Mrs. Geeze got the microwave bacon cooker. I thought, how can you get good bacon out of a microwave? Let me tell you, I got GREAT bacon out of the microwave. It is a bacon lovers dream. I'd still love to see a Baconcaster, but I'm thinkin' that I'll see my free Axe III before I see a Baconcaster. If Leo was still around he'd be working on it, I'm sure. Maybe I just missed the boat. There was a day when I thought a Broadcaster had something to do with women.
So no splatter in the microwave?

I loves me some crispy bacon but hate the mess.

So the thing I love most (after guitar) is bacon. Extra crisp is my thing. Once in a while Mrs. Geeze and i like to have omelets for dinner. She does make an awesome omelet. Big, fluffy omelets stuffed with every veg the good Lord made. It is eggsilerating. And nothing goes with an omelet like bacon. It is eggsactly the perfect side. So the problem with bacon is the mess from making it. Not any more. Believe it or not, I have found the perfect bacon maker for the microwave. Now you may be thinking that it is not possible to get great bacon from a microwave, but you would be wrong. I found an awesome bacon maker for the microwave. You get bacon any way you want it from soft to extra crisp. Yes. Eggstra crisp. the bacon maker cooks the bacon, and catches all of the grease. It cleans in the dishwasher. Oh yeah!!!

Now, my joy is complete. I must confess that I still would like to combine my love of guitar and love of bacon. I'm hoping to see a Baconcaster.

If you ever come to Smithfield, Virginia, I can treat you to some Bacon...we actually have a festival that is dedicated to Bourbon & Bacon (in the fall). We also are known for our Cured Hams...

A little trick for the perfect BLT is to cut the bacon strips in half, lay a paper towel on a plate, lay the 1/2 slices of bacon in two layers first one direction then the other. Put another paper towel on top (I forget the microwave time?) but no mess and no grease, comes out a perfect crispy square to fit bread or toast.

The ceramic bacon cooker Geezerjohn posted looks pretty interesting, but my wife who loves bacon also hates the smell of bacon cooking in the house. (She's a weird unit, I know.) I have to cook our bacon outside on the gas-powered Weber grill.

My wife also doesn't cook. I keep threatening to leave her for a woman who can cook, but she keeps reminding me there are no other women who'd take me. 4.75 billion females in this world, and I ended up with the smartassed one. But since she's 100% right on that, I shuffle back to my grill to cook her some more bacon.

As a semi-related aside, one of these days I'm going to try dry curing and smoking a pork loin to make my own Canadian bacon. I've got some Internet buddies who've done it and the results look great.
I have done it I make my own Canadian bacon and also I also cure my own ham it’s always absolutely amazing. This is one of the recipes I use but I have changed the amount of ingredients. https://www.homesicktexan.com/2010/03/how-to-cure-ham.html

Back
Top Bottom