Bacon Bacon Bacon

Geezerjohn

Fractal Fanatic
So the thing I love most (after guitar) is bacon. Extra crisp is my thing. Once in a while Mrs. Geeze and i like to have omelets for dinner. She does make an awesome omelet. Big, fluffy omelets stuffed with every veg the good Lord made. It is eggsilerating. And nothing goes with an omelet like bacon. It is eggsactly the perfect side. So the problem with bacon is the mess from making it. Not any more. Believe it or not, I have found the perfect bacon maker for the microwave. Now you may be thinking that it is not possible to get great bacon from a microwave, but you would be wrong. I found an awesome bacon maker for the microwave. You get bacon any way you want it from soft to extra crisp. Yes. Eggstra crisp. the bacon maker cooks the bacon, and catches all of the grease. It cleans in the dishwasher. Oh yeah!!!

Now, my joy is complete. I must confess that I still would like to combine my love of guitar and love of bacon. I'm hoping to see a Baconcaster.

So the thing I love most (after guitar) is bacon. Extra crisp is my thing. Once in a while Mrs. Geeze and i like to have omelets for dinner. She does make an awesome omelet. Big, fluffy omelets stuffed with every veg the good Lord made. It is eggsilerating. And nothing goes with an omelet like bacon. It is eggsactly the perfect side. So the problem with bacon is the mess from making it. Not any more. Believe it or not, I have found the perfect bacon maker for the microwave. Now you may be thinking that it is not possible to get great bacon from a microwave, but you would be wrong. I found an awesome bacon maker for the microwave. You get bacon any way you want it from soft to extra crisp. Yes. Eggstra crisp. the bacon maker cooks the bacon, and catches all of the grease. It cleans in the dishwasher. Oh yeah!!!

Now, my joy is complete. I must confess that I still would like to combine my love of guitar and love of bacon. I'm hoping to see a Baconcaster.

A1E4726D-9B4F-48BC-B20B-279B4B7646F3.jpeg
I tried to get into this Chicago joint many consider one of the finest bacon burgers in the world (Au Cheval) yesterday at 1:30 PM on a rainy Monday, but there was a 2hour wait.......

Someone did acoustic bacon:

bacon-guitar1.jpg

The ceramic bacon cooker Geezerjohn posted looks pretty interesting, but my wife who loves bacon also hates the smell of bacon cooking in the house. (She's a weird unit, I know.) I have to cook our bacon outside on the gas-powered Weber grill.

My wife also doesn't cook. I keep threatening to leave her for a woman who can cook, but she keeps reminding me there are no other women who'd take me. 4.75 billion females in this world, and I ended up with the smartassed one. But since she's 100% right on that, I shuffle back to my grill to cook her some more bacon.

As a semi-related aside, one of these days I'm going to try dry curing and smoking a pork loin to make my own Canadian bacon. I've got some Internet buddies who've done it and the results look great.

I take it you guys don’t cook lol. Use the oven! Comes out perfect every time. Easy clean up.

Tried that and didn't care for it .... The bacon did come out perfectly ( right between crispy and flaccid ) ..., but the clean up ? Not so much ! The bacon grease 'baked' on the rack I was using and it took forever to scrub it clean again :( ....

Tried that and didn't care for it .... The bacon did come out perfectly ( right between crispy and flaccid ) ..., but the clean up ? Not so much ! The bacon grease 'baked' on the rack I was using and it took forever to scrub it clean again :( ....

Did you line the sheet pan with foil? Maybe you cooked it too long or too high a temperature. You can also use a sheet pan grill and/or parchment paper. Personal preference.

Oh yeah ..., the sheet pan was fine, it was the rack that was the problem. I thought I was going to have to scrub each one w/ steel wool to get the grease off ....

Guitar players...sheeesh. The micro cooker captures all of the grease, is super easy to clean, (just wipe the grease out of the cooker) and then stick it in the dishwasher. I admit I was skeptical when Mrs. Geeze got the microwave bacon cooker. I thought, how can you get good bacon out of a microwave? Let me tell you, I got GREAT bacon out of the microwave. It is a bacon lovers dream. I'd still love to see a Baconcaster, but I'm thinkin' that I'll see my free Axe III before I see a Baconcaster. If Leo was still around he'd be working on it, I'm sure. Maybe I just missed the boat. There was a day when I thought a Broadcaster had something to do with women.

Back
Top Bottom