Backups not loading

L

luke

I am running 12.08 on both of my IIIs.

I have finished programming my presets, and made a backup with Bot. Trying to dump those presets into my spare III is not working. The backup downloads to only about 6% and then ceases.

I cannot update to 14.01 without knowing I have a secure secondary 12.08 to fall back on if there are issues with the upgrade.

Any ideas?

IT seems as though I can go preset by preset to download via EDIT.

Okay very weird, they came over but it never said more than 12% on Bot.

If I were a betting man (I am not haha!) I would point my finger at the computer itself. I'd try a restart of that, then try it all again to see if you get a better outcome. I know... I'm being captain obvious... and you probably already did that, but I thought it might be worth mentioning only because whenever I have issues like this it is ALWAYS my Macbook Pro to blame. It's getting up there in age.

When I make backups, in 1 of 10 cases the bank file is not complete. The file size is a few bytes shorter than it should be.
I can't load these files back to the Axe-Fx III and it looks exactly what you described. It stops at a few percent.

I made it a habit to always check the file size. It should be 6.315.008 Bytes. If it's not I repeat the backup.

IMO, checking the file size is something which Fractal Bot should do.

If I were a betting man (I am not haha!) I would point my finger at the computer itself. I'd try a restart of that, then try it all again to see if you get a better outcome. I know... I'm being captain obvious... and you probably already did that, but I thought it might be worth mentioning only because whenever I have issues like this it is ALWAYS my Macbook Pro to blame. It's getting up there in age.

Mine is two weeks old.

I made a backup using Fractal Bot 3.0.4 and an iMac with no problems before installing 14.01.
What version of Fractal Bot are you using? The current version is 3.0.5.

I made a backup using Fractal Bot 3.0.4 and an iMac with no problems before installing 14.01.
What version of Fractal Bot are you using? The current version is 3.0.5.

I don’t know. Have to check.

Mine is two weeks old.
I'd still do a restart, and also take a look at the compatibility type things... OS version, Fractal bot version, etc.
Maybe a bad USB connection or cable... again... obvious stuff, but the obvious stuff is the issue 99% of the time.
New computers can be fussy too, especially when you install new software on them.

Back
Top Bottom