Backup question ...

fafakiwi

Experienced
Hi Everyone ,
..... maybe and surely a silly question for many but we shall all start from .... the beginning.
I be done my back up this morning before upgrading to Fw13.03 using Fractal bot via Axe Edit and had the message attached on the photo
What does that mean ?? Any explanation..??
Thanks ...
Fafa

Attachments

• A26366BA-2DAE-4F64-9AB4-6F61106701AF.jpeg
    A26366BA-2DAE-4F64-9AB4-6F61106701AF.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 68
Not really sure what is going on. But if you use Fractal Bot directly and it says the backup was successful, then you are all set. The message above means there was a communication error. This could be caused by various reasons. I'd ignore it if this doesn't happen often.

Just re-fire up Axe-Edit and make sure all is well after a backup with fractal bot.

Thanks for your answer !!
not much interest in helping each other from many , I m a bit surprised ......

That message says it lost communication on User cab bank 1, user slot 353. Can you see files for you preset backups on your computer? I always use Fractal Bot as a stand alone & not access it through Axe Edit. My guess is you might need to redo the back up on you user cabs but the presets are probably fine since the cabs are done after the presets. To prevent time outs, you can try a different USB cable, especially if the one you used is long. Also, if it is plugged into a USB hub, try connecting the Axe directly to the computer.

I'm not sure what that means. I don't have Axe Edit on when I update. I use Fractal Bot directly, by itself. After I update, then I turn on Axe Edit and select "refresh after new firmware".

That message says it lost communication on User cab bank 1, user slot 353. Can you see files for you preset backups on your computer? I always use Fractal Bot as a stand alone & not access it through Axe Edit. My guess is you might need to redo the back up on you user cabs but the presets are probably fine since the cabs are done after the presets. To prevent time outs, you can try a different USB cable, especially if the one you used is long. Also, if it is plugged into a USB hub, try connecting the Axe directly to the computer.
Thanks I m trying to redo back up directly via Fractal bot and see ...

I'm not sure what that means. I don't have Axe Edit on when I update. I use Fractal Bot directly, by itself. After I update, then I turn on Axe Edit and select "refresh after new firmware".
Thanks wil do and refresh Axe Edit after back up via Fractal bot

Back
Top Bottom