Backup Help!

I need to edit a couple of things on my MFC (external switch assignments and such). But suddenly, my Edit switch no longer works. Before attempting the hassle of buying a new footswitch and swapping it out, I thought I'd download MFC Edit and do it my editing there.

So I bought and installed the program, and opened Fractal Bot in preparation to make a sys ex dump, only to see "To create a total backup of your MFC-101: 1. Press EDIT on the MFC-01. . ."

Aaaarg! So I can't even use MFC Edit without using my Edit switch? Not being able to use my Edit switch is why I spent the $30 on the program in the first place! I feel like the guy with broken legs who opens the owner's manual for his new wheelchair, only to read, "to start using the chair, stand up and step on the brake release..."

So any suggestions? Do I need to hunt down a footswitch, or is there a way around this?

UPDATE****UPDATE****UPDATE

Oops! My bad. I was watching one of Cooper Carter's YouTube tutorials, and I discovered that the Edit switch can be configured to require a long press to activate it. I must've changed it from "short" to "long" accidentally without realizing it. The switch works fine. In fact, I decided to leave it in "long" mode, since I won't have to worry about clicking it unintentionally during a gig (which--I suppose--is why they added that feature in the first place).

Last edited:
I need to edit a couple of things on my MFC (external switch assignments and such). But suddenly, my Edit switch no longer works. Before attempting the hassle of buying a new footswitch and swapping it out, I thought I'd download MFC Edit and do it my editing there.

So I bought and installed the program, and opened Fractal Bot in preparation to make a sys ex dump, only to see "To create a total backup of your MFC-101: 1. Press EDIT on the MFC-01. . ."

Aaaarg! So I can't even use MFC Edit without using my Edit switch? Not being able to use my Edit switch is why I spent the $30 on the program in the first place! I feel like the guy with broken legs who opens the owner's manual for his new wheelchair, only to read, "to start using the chair, stand up and step on the brake release..."

So any suggestions? Do I need to hunt down a footswitch, or is there a way around this?
Nope... All editing of MFC is offline. You dump MFC to computer, then edit, them dump from PC to MFC.

Yes, I get that, but in order to get the MFC data onto my computer, I have to physically push the Edit switch on the unit. But I can't do that. The switch doesn't work. That's why I bought MFC Edit; I was hoping to bypass the issue of the broken switch by using the program.

Back
Top Bottom