Backup gear for rehearsal and gig

I keep a pair of flyrigs in my trunk as a backup for my Fractals. Never had to use them but it's nice knowing they're there. I've also used them for actual fly gigs, which was fantastic, just threw them into my carry-on and used backline amps at the gig.

I have both the RK flyrig and the Standard one.
Are you happy with the sound quality?

Are you happy with the sound quality?

In a vacuum? Yes. Especially with the size, form factor and a ton of different features like tuner, chorus delays etc available. As a backup, as an all-in-one solution for flying and small rehearsals or if you need to run direct on a budget, or you threw out your back and you can't bring your usual pedalboard. It's great, even running direct straight to FOH with in-ears

It was very nice to bring to a fly gig in Hawaii with full backline (even the guitar). Put the flyrig in my personal item backpack, a capo, a clip-on-tuner (didn't need it, flyrig has a tuner. Just a habit) and an iPad. It was nice to have my carry-on only hold clothes and a wetsuit so I could go surfing.

Thanks guys,

I spent an evening on programming my ax8 Since I have the axe fx 3 I have progressed in my ability to build a preset apparently. I used the ax8 at my latest rehearsal and it sounded awesome. I also avoided the crappy monitor that is there and used the power section of a solid state modeler kind of fender amp there. (effects return)

I am definetly keeping the ax8 for rehearsals and as backup. No need to buy anything else. Never found anything more to my liking than a fractal product since I bought the first one anyway, so why try now?

Harm

Obviously the FM9, as it is small, I can exchange the presets with the Axe III and it has all the footcontroller features I need with the FC12 too. I'm on the European waitlist.

Back
Top Bottom