Backing up my presets

Bill Arsenault

Inspired
I have severe tinnitus and cannot always focus enough to read manuals.

Can someone just say a few words about backing up my customized presets to a windows laptop.

Also, do any of you use the first 100 slots for your own presets.

Will downloading new firmware ever wipe these out-
Or are preset updates always separate.

Looking forward to this becoming second nature so that I can then start learning how to acquire other people’s presets too-
And safely store them.

Thx for all.

I have severe tinnitus and cannot always focus enough to read manuals.

Can someone just say a few words about backing up my customized presets to a windows laptop.

Also, do any of you use the first 100 slots for your own presets.

Will downloading new firmware ever wipe these out-
Or are preset updates always separate.

Looking forward to this becoming second nature so that I can then start learning how to acquire other people’s presets too-
And safely store them.

Thx for all.

1) Download Fractal-Bot from here: https://www.fractalaudio.com/fractal-bot/

2) At "Select your device" choose FM3

4) Click at "Receive Mode"

5) Browse the location at your laptop where you want to save the presets

6) Click "Begin" to receive the files

New firmware does not wipe the presets. However, it is recommended to back up everything before upgrading the firmware

Sweet Jesus-
Even I cannot screw that up too bad.

I ruined my ears so I cannot be in the same room with real guitar speakers anymore-
They are too noisy and loud.
But the noiseless/miced cab sound of the FM3 thru FRFR is tolerable and a GodSend- but I’m completely new to Fractal.

I spent my entire adult life attempting to perfect a versatile midi controlled stereo guitar rig.

The end result was a Satch JVM dry down the middle into Celestion Alnicos and Line-out into an Eventide into a stereo Marshal Power amp into 2 1x12 Mesa recto cabs loaded with vintage greenbacks.

.....and then I blew my ears out.

Unbelievable that I can recreate my old rig using this glorified pedal-
and programming and routing is a walk in the park compared to midi.

Have a great day Pling.

And use common sense when standing or sitting in front of speakers or using headphones.

If your ears are ringing after a session-
You have done irreversible damage and one day you will wake up and that ringing will be forever.

Later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom