Backing up Axe-FX II results in loops and feels bugged

Brewce

Inspired
I'm wanting to back up everything before installing a new battery and possibly selling the II.

IIRC, Fractal Bot has always worked fine for me in Win 7. I'm now in Win 10.

I am on the latest firmware for the II and using the latest Fractal Bot from the site.

It seems to connect fine, but the backing up seems to at least keep retrying everything three or more times.
When I tried to do it all in one go, I also got an error message for bank A.

If I try it one step at a time, it seems to be doing it over and over as well, w/o even informing me if it failed or succeeded.

I think I'm adhering to all these instructions...
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fractal-bot-read-this-first.168000

I'm using a brand new cable and tried two USB ports.

I've only once got a file after trying a complete backup (and bank A failing). It was called: II-221117-164320-system.syx ±880 KB
Nothing else I did produced another file.

I'd like to try with a much older Fractal Bot, but can't find it anymore.
Anyone still know a spot where an older version is available...? @AlGrenadine , svp ...? :)

PS: Bug? Fractal Bot also keeps saying it's getting my System data while the Axe II LCD is saying it's sending banks.

connects fine.jpg

error.jpg

Last edited:
Old versions are on the axefx archive, see my signature ;)
But i don't think it will fix the problem... it's a corrupted preset it seems

Old versions are on the axefx archive, see my signature ;)
Thanks :) I was on your forum just before and the first thing I saw was a thread on damaged presets... ;)
It may take me a while to find the downloads though... Let me try again...

Like I suspected, everything worked flawlessly with an older version. I used Fractal-Bot-Win-v2p8p4.exe (2017)

I only did two things differently using this...
  • I used yet another USB port (third)
  • I saved to a folder on the C drive instead of the M drive. I know some software requires C drive, although the latest Bot did save a file to the M drive, so I don't suspect this as a cause.
So in conclusion: I suspect a possible problem with Fractal-Bot-Win-v3p00p13.exe when used for the Axe-Fx II Mark I.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom