Backing up AX8 presets? How?

Can someone let me know how do you backup the factory presets from the AX8 using Fractal Bot???? I would think using the SEND tab- but then I browse to find a folder to place them and it won't select it to save them in??? I am backing up before installing some new ones from Fremen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 9.54.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 9.54.28 PM.png
    303.5 KB · Views: 123
It's the receive tab. You are receiving data from the AX8 to your computer.
Very Nice Rubber Biskit- thank you! I see u are in Raleighwood, Im in Holly Springs! After this backups I'm installing more presets from Fremen- If you have loaded new presets I would like to know how as he sent 4 separate folders containing 52 .syx files ea- not sure if I simply just do 1 folder at a time, etc. I am guessing I use the Send tab this time?

Very cool! Let me know if you need any help locally. As far as Fremens presets go, I'm not sure exactly what he sent you. If you have an AX8 set of patches then I would probably close fractalbot and start up ax8-edit. From there you can open the axe-mange presets from one of the menus. You should be able to drag and drop the files into the slots you want then save.

You can do it with fractalbot, but I like the axe manage presets tool better.

...I'm installing more presets from Fremen- If you have loaded new presets I would like to know how as he sent 4 separate folders containing 52 .syx files ea- not sure if I simply just do 1 folder at a time, etc. I am guessing I use the Send tab this time?
The "Normal banks" folder contains Fremen's presets, exactly as he uses them himself. These presets use commercially-available cabs. Because of copyright laws, he cannot legally give or sell those cabs to anyone. But you can buy them from the people who sell them. If you do, you can use the screenshots in the "Screenshots for cab recipes" folder to mix those commercial cabs the same way he does, using Cab-Lab.

The "Alternate banks" folder contains the same presets, using freely-available cabs instead of the commercially-available ones. So you don't have to buy anything extra.

The "User cabs" folder contains free cabs that are used by most of Fremen's presets. The file named "IMPORTANT - read me ! ! !.txt" tells you how to load these cabs, and it gives you other important information about the presets.

Just ordered the Fremen presets myself. Since I'm new to FAS I figured it'd be good to see the potential the AX8 has when put into knowledgeable hands. Anyhow, just curious, unless you've significantly tinkered with the factory presets, why would you need to back them up. Aren't they available for download on the main site?

...just curious, unless you've significantly tinkered with the factory presets, why would you need to back them up. Aren't they available for download on the main site?
Yes. Factory presets are available online. But if you've made anything you want to save, back it up! :)

Yes. Factory presets are available online. But if you've made anything you want to save, back it up! :)

I'm trying to figure out how to back up the presets. I see a snapshot button AX8-Edit but not sure how to do a full backup. Looks like the snapshot just does one preset.

....... Aaaaarrrgh,,, another trap for newbies obviously ,,, after re-reading all my manuals , watching vids,, , and about to post another "how do I backup my presets, I'm still lost" post (after already reading a couple). ,,,, -- I couldn't get past Fractal Bot,, Receive "Step 1 Ready" (it wouldn't let me browse, or select files)
I tried one more thing.... closing down AX8 Edit.... I can't recall anyone saying you need to shut down AX8 ,,,, well after closing it everything worked ! Maybe another thread category required for Newbie Traps (as opposed to boobie traps) !!

Haven’t done it for awhile ,but it is a bit confusing. I do know when you hit the right button in the fractal bot it asks you what banks or preset you want to save
Ok fractal bot ,choose ax8 ,tab on top receive, hit begin and it asks you individual preset or back ,check what one you want ,i believe it puts them in you ax8 folder on your computer
Ok it didn’t go in my fractal folder ,I’m on a Mac ,but if you hit the eye in the browse after you down load it shows you where they are

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom