Background noise?

I have the same issue. While moving the guitar around I found that it was loudest when held near the Axe FX unit itself. Moving it away and then closer, the noise faded and grew accordingly. It is REALLY bad when held right next to the Axe. I am afraid it is the Axe bleeding out interference. Does this happen for anyone else having noise issues or does my unit possibly have a problem? It’s less than a month old and I’ve had noise since day one.

Any help would be appreciated!
I don’t have that issue. While I’m not discounting the issue, make sure you’ve sampled a lot of points in the room, and at a lot of different angles. The biggest issue in my space is my Wi-Fi router.

I have the same issue. While moving the guitar around I found that it was loudest when held near the Axe FX unit itself. Moving it away and then closer, the noise faded and grew accordingly. It is REALLY bad when held right next to the Axe. I am afraid it is the Axe bleeding out interference. Does this happen for anyone else having noise issues or does my unit possibly have a problem? It’s less than a month old and I’ve had noise since day one.

Any help would be appreciated!
The LCD emits some noise (all LCDs do). Don't hold your guitar next to it.

Reactions: Rex
The LCD emits some noise (all LCDs do). Don't hold your guitar next to it.
Fair enough about holding it next to it... that was done just trying to identify the source of the noise. While it does get louder as I move closer to the Axe, I have the noise while 3 feet away from the Axe. I don’t think that should be considered too close to the Axe LCD to play. Even playing from there the noise is quite significant.

I’ll do some more testing to see if any other device is contributing and report back.

Last edited:
Yup, I have no issues with EMI after shielding all my guitars using this;
https://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Tools/StewMac_Tool_Sets/Hum_Buster_Guitar_Shielding_Set.html
Worth noting, I do not have any noise issues with a Yamaha THR head 4 feet away. I am going to try the Yamaha with the Axe on and off and see what happens. If it comes and goes with the Axe, I think it reasonable to assume the Axe is the source.

I’ll ask again... has any one experienced notable noise introduced to the guitar that is originating from the Axe? Do some of you play quite near it (within arms reach) and it is completely quiet?
If I do find the Axe is the source this information would let me know if it is abnormal behavior.

Worth noting, I do not have any noise issues with a Yamaha THR head 4 feet away. I am going to try the Yamaha with the Axe on and off and see what happens. If it comes and goes with the Axe, I think it reasonable to assume the Axe is the source.

I’ll ask again... has any one experienced notable noise introduced to the guitar that is originating from the Axe? Do some of you play quite near it (within arms reach) and it is completely quiet?
If I do find the Axe is the source this information would let me know if it is abnormal behavior.
I’m sad to report that while sitting in front of the Axe (2.5 feet away) with it powered off and plugged in to the Yamaha THR I get minimal noise. When I turn on the Axe the noise suddenly jumps considerably.

So I believe the Axe is emitting the noise and it is beyond subtle. It’s readily apparent and disconcerting. I am using Humbuckers as well. I humbly ask FractalAudio... is this possibly an issue/defect with my unit and should I contact support? I love this unit and it’s tone but this is a serious issue to me. Can you advise me please?

Back
Top Bottom