Background noise when AxeEdit is open since official FW18.04

Mornna84

Since I updated to FW18.04, there is a quite annoying digital background noise happening ONLY when AxeEdit is open.
This noise is something like a hiss which is clearly audible when playing a note and then muting it. This noise is very noticeable when the note is dying. I guess it has something to do with the USB communication between the Axe and AxeEdit.
Previously, I had FW 18.04beta, and I didn't notice any noise in the same situation. To me, it only appeared when updating from FW18.04beta to official FW18.04. Does anyone else experiences this??

USB ground loop. This has nothing to do with firmware or Axe-Edit. Make sure everything is plugged into the same outlet or power strip.

Thanks for the suggestion. The AxeFx2 is on a power conditioner that itself is plugged on the same outlet as the computer I use. My USB audio interface is powered through its USB connection. I did a few checks. If USB ground loop it is, then it has to be the USB connection of my audio interface, because strangely, the noise is now there even if I unplug the Axefx USB cable.
But now, I am not sure that it is a USB ground loop anymore, because I noticed that the noise almost disappears when I play further away from my desk. So maybe I am just picking up some EM field with my guitar pickups.....

Probably EMI. And interaction with the noise gate.

Are you near a computer when playing?

There is always noise when I am near my laptop while editing. Last night I was texting with my guitar on and I heard noise as well. That's just the way it is. I just step away from my computer after an adjustment and ROCK!

Back
Top Bottom