Back With Fractal

aftrshok99

Inspired
Just placed my order for the AxeFX III + FC-6, can't wait for it arrive!! It's been 2 years since I sold my AX8 so I'm looking forward to diving into the FX III and getting some amazing tones. I think I've read the manual about 6 times now.

Just trying to decide what inputs / outputs I want to have on my patch panel for my Gator 4U case. I was planning on something like this: Powercon, Faslink, PA (L and R), usb. I'm up in the air about adding a guitar input since I could just as easily use the one on the front of the FX III.

Just placed my order for the AxeFX III + FC-6, can't wait for it arrive!! It's been 2 years since I sold my AX8 so I'm looking forward to diving into the FX III and getting some amazing tones. I think I've read the manual about 6 times now.

Just trying to decide what inputs / outputs I want to have on my patch panel for my Gator 4U case. I was planning on something like this: Powercon, Faslink, PA (L and R), usb. I'm up in the air about adding a guitar input since I could just as easily use the one on the front of the FX III.
You may want to reconsider , and get one that incorporates all the in/outs as the awesome routing capabilities are a big part of the fun.
I am thinking as I type about selling my AX8 (already have a draft on Reverb) as I am rumored to be at the top of the FM3 list (after all the AX8 waitlister prolly) and I have my III , a couple IIs and FX8s ...but its hard to let go.

IEM question, I thought I saw were some of you run your iem’s into your axefx III. Is there any advantage to doing that if you already have an aviom mixer that my iem’s are hooked up to?

On a side note, my new toys will be here Monday!!!

IEM question, I thought I saw were some of you run your iem’s into your axefx III. Is there any advantage to doing that if you already have an aviom mixer that my iem’s are hooked up to?

On a side note, my new toys will be here Monday!!!
You won't have to hear anyone else!

My Axe-Fx III and FC-6 are on the UPS truck and out for delivery today. I'm soooooo stoked!!!!:D

It should be interesting at rehearsal tomorrow night, doesn't leave me much time to get everything setup like I want.

They have arrived!!!! :cool:

339q5cp.jpg

That's no lie!!!

I am but my problem is I'm just running thru presets and messing with things, reacquainting myself with the Fractal Universe. I've got band practice tomorrow night and I don't have a preset that I want to use yet and I haven't even hooked up the FC-6 yet.

Sleep is overrated! ;)

Well I didn't get anywhere on getting a preset setup for tonight but I did seem to spend a few hours on the Dual Clean preset trying out different fx and such. Kinda got lost in that preset, I really like it. Guess I'm just going to wing it at practice tonight. LOL

I think I'm going to go ahead and get a patch panel put together. I have to stand the rack up next to my computer at home and having the panel would help a lot.

I ended up putting my FC-6 in a laptop bag that I had laying around. I added some foam I had from my helix case to give it some extra protection. I put all my cables, etc in the laptop bag as well. Really not looking forward to carrying all my stuff now instead of rolling my suitcase and carrying my guitar case. I'm sure I'll get used to it in no time.

Ordered my parts for a patch panel, made an xlr cable for my FC-6 and hooked it up here at work and have been messing with it.

do6gt2.jpg

I spent over an hour at practice last night dialing in a tone that would work for me. Of course most of that time was spent just going thru the presets. I did become good friends with the front panel and using it to edit everything. had to adjust a lot of bass out of the mix, so many presets were bass heavy with our PA. I thought I heard the bass player ask if I was playing Bass too. I'll have to search for the thread on how people have their global eq, etc., set for live use.

It was a little frustrating at first because I felt like I was taking away everyone else's time from practice since I was fiddling with my new gear.

Now I'll spend some time this week with Axe-Edit getting the preset tweaked to my needs.

I love the FC-6, so easy to use, even going back and forth using the MLM, etc.

Back
Top Bottom