Back-up Comms takes 10 seconds per preset so ~20 Mins for Bank A.

∞Fractals

Fractal Fanatic
I've noticed this for a while, and figured it was perhaps true for everyone, but now wondering.

Before installing 1.16 B2, I just saved Bank A and system settings via FractalBot and noticed it's taking 20 mins just for bank A. (FW1.15, WIN10, Surface Pro 4, 2.10 FractalBot and 1.06 USB driver.)

I've also noticed that updates to the FW take about 10 mins (used to take 20+ but I changed the USB cable and it improved noticeably now to ~10 minutes.) I realize the file sizes are larger than AXEFX II, but it's a truly a very long process process for me either updating or saving.

Moving 1.16B2 onboard only took 7 mins, plus 1 min of processing. Seemed to be faster than before. Hmmnn.

Is this normal?
Any suggestions - go smoke a cigar and have a cup of joe?
TIA!

Last edited:
It sounds excessive to me.

I am away from my gear at the moment but will time it and post my findings.

EDIT: My Fractal Bot Backup Times on my 2017 iMac 27", High Sierra, are as follows:

Preset Banks: 1 minute, 30 seconds
User Cab Banks: 5 mins, 13 seconds
System settings: less than 1 second
Global +FC: I do not use this, and did not time it.

Total Elapsed time for back up of 4 banks of presets, and 2 user cab banks, plus System settings: 16 mins, 26 seconds

YMMV

Last edited:
It sounds excessive to me.

I am away from my gear at the moment but will time it and post my findings.

EDIT: My Fractal Bot Backup Times on my 2017 iMac 27", High Sierra, are as follows:

Preset Banks: 1 minute, 30 seconds
User Cab Banks: 5 mins, 13 seconds
System settings: less than 1 second
Global +FC: I do not use this, and did not time it.

Total Elapsed time for back up of 4 banks of presets, and 2 user cab banks, plus System settings: 16 mins, 26 seconds

YMMV

Wowzers! I've never had those feeds and speeds on the III.

Any help from WIN10 users? Is this platform specific?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom