Should the back panel be removed entirely

• Yes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Definitely

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters

MackieFX

Experienced
Thought this might be an interesting one to bring up given recent forum conversations. My problem with the back panel on my AxeIII is that there are just too many options, and too many abbreviations.

XLR/SPDIF/USB/AES .... not to mention the OBVIOUSLY made up terms such as FAS Link and Humbuster. Which are obviously just marketing terms for 1/4 inch and XLR.

How is anyone supposed to even understand, let alone USE this? Too many options, supports too many use cases and in my opinion needs to be removed entirely. I have attached a reference design which I am willing to sell @FractalAudio by means of NFT.
Screenshot 2022-02-08 at 16.39.37.png

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Many times I’ve wished I had a patch panel in my rack on the front so I didn’t have to reach around (giggety), but I wouldn’t want to get rid of it.

Thought this might be an interesting one to bring up given recent forum conversations. My problem with the back panel on my AxeIII is that there are just too many options, and too many abbreviations.

XLR/SPDIF/USB/AES .... not to mention the OBVIOUSLY made up terms such as FAS Link and Humbuster. Which are obviously just marketing terms for 1/4 inch and XLR.

How is anyone supposed to even understand, let alone USE this? Too many options, supports too many use cases and in my opinion needs to be removed entirely. I have attached a reference design which I am willing to sell @FractalAudio by means of NFT.
View attachment 95812

What are your thoughts?
The IEC connector is ugly and superfluous and it hurts my tongue when I lick it so it should go. And those words are dumb so take them away and replace them with "This space intentionally left blank."

Back
Top Bottom