Back in the saddle at last (Finally loving my Axe-FX again)

Is that a skeleton hand in the bottom of the picture?? What do you have going on over there? :)

16113183_10154930554889579_572618599637634285_o.jpg

The guitar on top is going to get the strat-sized gfs single coils...

It's always a pleasure to have an AXE FX around to play with. I love mine as well as anyone and have owned and played it all as far as gear and gas goes. I am currently using a Boss Katana 100 112 combo which I switch on and off the effects and amps of both the combo and AXE FX II with the 4 cable method. That combination is just intoxicating! Glad to see you back in the saddle again! By the way I don't live too far from you up here in Chichester N.Y.
Oh, yeah, we talked about getting together some time. PM me if you're ever in the neighborhood. Cheers.

16113183_10154930554889579_572618599637634285_o.jpg

The guitar on top is going to get the strat-sized gfs single coils. The one on the bottom is a custom-made guitar made by Manny Salvador at guitarcraft in NYC. The neck is a repurposed Hagstrom I neck (from the first electric I ever bought). The frets have been removed and slim pieces of maple have been inserted and the whole sanded flat to make a fretless guitar. 3 original 1950's Danelectro pups, strat wired. The body, which I drew out, was inspired by Vilette-Citron Bass guitars.
What kind of wood are the tops made of on those guitars? I'm just messing around on warmoth site searching for something like this (especially the first one). Maybe black korina on the first one?

These bodies are both topped with Spalted Maple. The top one is from http://www.spaltking.com/

Reasonable prices and good quality work.

Please be aware, though, this type of wood is hard to work with, because spalted maple is essentially a sort of half rotted out wood. Spalting is partial decay, and parts of the surface can be soft, or split easily. But it’s gorgeous stuff...

Last edited:
These bodies are both topped with Spalted Maple’. The top one is from http://www.spaltking.com/

Reasonable prices and good quality work. Please be aware, though, this type of wood is hard to work with, because spalted maple is essentially a sort of half rotted out wood. Spalting is partial decay, and parts of the surface can be soft, or split easily. But it’s gorgeous stuff...
Thanks! I'll check that site ;)

Back
Top Bottom