Back from the studio! FAS6160 rock/pop

SockPuppet

Inspired
Hey guys!

I've been in the studio for a while recording a couple of songs with my band. I came to the studio with my trusty 1979 Marshall JMP, plugged it in and it sounded awesome as usual. But as we started tracking I felt that there was something missing to my sound. As I was kind of stressing out about this I pulled out the Axe FX and pulled out the first patch that I thought sounded ok. I compared it to my Marshall and it was like night and day, I was completely floored by how good it sounded in the mix. Our tech was so impressed by it that he ordered one today! ;)

The guitars are all using the FAS6160 (I was really surprised by the 6160, it is kind of over the top and it has way to much gain for me, but it works), the IR's are Ownhammer (I'll post the mix recipe as soon as I find what I was using....)

The guitars are dual tracked, but we have a third track that we used as a kind of "room track". Basically what we did was routing the signal through a Matrix GT1000FX and a a Mesa 4x12 with celestion v30's and mic:ed up the room.

The bass is mostly DI blended with a tweaked patch called "8 scenes of bass" that I found here on the forum (I think it was seedoftheday that created it, great bass patch!)

I would love to hear some feedback on the songs. I hope you guys like it :)

The patch used for the guitars: Axe-Change - Download Preset - BL Flickering FAS 6160 - by SockPuppet

The IR's used was the stock German 4x12 with the Shure Beta 87A blended with RedWirez Orange 4x12-V30s-RE20-Cap-2in if anyone's interested. Some feedback on the songs would be awesome :)

Låter bra :D

Cool story. It actually nice to see that it can sound better the good old tubes. I personally get a much better sound in the PA/Studio with Axe IMHO. Micing is a hassle....

Cool piece of music - guitar tone is great and like the singer's voice a lot.

Thank you! Yes his voice suits our sound perfectly, simple and straight forward.

Låter bra :D

Cool story. It actually nice to see that it can sound better the good old tubes. I personally get a much better sound in the PA/Studio with Axe IMHO. Micing is a hassle....

Mange takk! :D

Definitely, you get a lot more freedom and control over your sound! I do like micing cabinets, but it is mainly out of a nostalgic reason haha :p

Love the tracks! They have a classic vibe to them. The tone totally works.

Thank you so much!

Really liked the first one, second isn't my thing but that's just me. Excellent playing and mix sounded good!

Thank you! That's alright, haha - the songs are intentionally written differently to appeal to a broader audience. :) Glad you liked the first one! One of my favourites too!

Back
Top Bottom