B7K patch with Dingwall, Superior 3 custom kit and Mesa Lead (fw9.01)

erockomania

Experienced

Here's a quick riff with the B7K on the Dingwall Combustion mixed to taste with an Ampeg along with the Mesa Lead on the Skervesen (BKP Warpigs single coil NECK) which I rarely used before (I dig it now!) with OwnHammer Mesa IRs mix.

Man, 9.01 is fantastic. The new speaker drive and compression algorithms are worlds better than before. Kudos to Cliff on that.

Drums are Superior 3 custom patch built from scratch.

I hear the bass in the middle section better. It could go up a hair, but I think that the bass is masking the kicks frequency in the low-end. Find out where your kick his hitting and make some room in the bass eq for the kick (just a dip). Then I think you could be fine with bringing the bass level up a scooch.

The bass patch is def a work in progress. Plus I was "slappin' da bass mon" during the version for a different texture. I'm not good at that :D

Too much sub on here and not enough low mid. I'll tweak a bit and repost if anyone is interested in hearing it.

Could you make a version with the bass and drums alone? so I can hear what the bass does exactly and I can hear what the BK7 does. Maybe I am not used to this kind of bass mixing and that's why I don't hear it. Maybe it get's sucked up by the guitar so it seems to me.

Could you make a version with the bass and drums alone? so I can hear what the bass does exactly and I can hear what the BK7 does. Maybe I am not used to this kind of bass mixing and that's why I don't hear it. Maybe it get's sucked up by the guitar so it seems to me.

I'll see if I can do this tonight.

The balance between bass and guitar is off, it doesn't sit. The bass is not dirty enough IMO and doesnt push/drive the guitars, from what I can hear it's too clean and maybe also lacks mids/highs?
Upload bass and drums only maybe? Also try panning the guitar(s)?

I've seen that yes, I think it's more the guitars don't work with the bass, likely because of the single coils being used... too close to the bass in timbre. I think the bass for this riff and tone is actually TOO distorted. I would get them to play together better if I either changed the pickups to bridge or took much of the distortion off the bass, ala Tesseract.

To be fair, I'm not developing this into a song... mainly just messing around with the B7K and Superior Drummer 3. I've used the actual B7K for years now. Not quite getting the same tones out of the patch but I think I just need to develop it more.

This was just for fun :)

Back
Top Bottom