• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

B-Stock Units Now Available

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Friends, Fans, Forumites:

We have added a small number of B-Stock Items to our online store today. You will find FM3, FC-6, FC-12 and more.
You will also notice that we have extended our sale on the Axe-Fx III + FC-12 package deal with a free EV-1.

Package Deal Sale:
https://shop.fractalaudio.com/packa...v-1-expression-volume-pedal-and-1m-trs-cable/

B-Stock FM3s:
[SOLD OUT]

B-Stock FCs:
https://shop.fractalaudio.com/fc-series/

B-Stock EV-1 Silver
https://shop.fractalaudio.com/ev-1-expression-volume-pedal-silver/

Last edited:

TSJMajesty

Power User
I'm thinking of buying an FC-12, but couldn't find any B-stock of that.
Also, can I add an extended warranty after I own an Axe Fx III, as long as it's still within the 1-year warranty period?

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I'm thinking of buying an FC-12, but couldn't find any B-stock of that.
Also, can I add an extended warranty after I own an Axe Fx III, as long as it's still within the 1-year warranty period?

It's definitely there. Maybe you need to re-load the page? Here's a direct link:

https://shop.fractalaudio.com/fc-12-foot-controller-b-stock/

All of the terms for extending your warranty are covered on the extended warranty product page found under "Merch + More":
https://shop.fractalaudio.com/add-on-3-year-extended-warranty/

ruso

Power User
It's definitely there. Maybe you need to re-load the page? Here's a direct link:

https://shop.fractalaudio.com/fc-12-foot-controller-b-stock/

All of the terms for extending your warranty are covered on the extended warranty product page found under "Merch + More":
https://shop.fractalaudio.com/add-on-3-year-extended-warranty/
Hey Matt, totally off-topic, but is there any ETA on restock of the L/XL Flexfit Hats? I have a fairly large melon and the S/M and Adjustable Hats are definitely a no-go.

mwc2112

Inspired
Ugh... I just saw this... posted less then 3 hours after I bought an FC6 at full price that's already shipped.

LOL... my luck.

Oh well. :)

TSJMajesty

Power User
Ok, I just unboxed my "B-Stock" FC-12 and EV-1, and there's not a damn thing wrong with them, unless you count the 1/64" spec of dust in the paint of the EV-1. The FC-12 is perfect as far as I can tell. And the first thing I did was rip off the clear protective strips!

Is this really just a genius marketing idea? I mean, someone else recently reported getting a B-Stock item in perfect condition.

Need to reduce some stock, they announce B-Stock, a bunch of people jump on them, they don't really lose any money, (cuz if you can sell 10x's more of an item for a couple days in a row, you're still actually ahead of the game), and everybody who bought one reports back to the forum that they were virtually perfect, reinforcing FAS' superior high standards, (they tell 2 friends, then they tell 2 friends...) which makes even more people buy from them...? Am I close, or I just got lucky? Either way, I had no doubt I'd be totally satisfied.

Last edited:

Rex

Legend!
Ok, I just unboxed my "B-Stock" FC-12 and EV-1, and there's not a damn thing wrong with them, unless you count the 1/64" spec of dust in the paint of the EV-1. The FC-12 is perfect as far as I can tell. And the first thing I did was rip off the clear protective strips!

Is this really just a genius marketing idea? I mean, someone else recently reported getting a B-Stock item in perfect condition.

Need to reduce some stock, they announce B-Stock, a bunch of people jump on them, they don't really lose any money, (cuz if you can sell 10x's more of an item for a couple days in a row, you're still actually ahead of the game), and everybody who bought one reports back to the forum that they're were virtually perfect, reinforcing FAS' superior high standards, (they tell 2 friends, then they tell 2 friends...) which makes even more people buy from them...? Am I close, or I just got lucky? Either way, I had no doubt I'd be totally satisfied.
That’s a pretty typical experience. The B-stocks are really B-stock, but you often have to look hard to find a blemish. B-stock items do run out. Sometimes in less than a day, but sometimes it takes as long as a few days.

unix-guy

Legend!

Need to reduce some stock, they announce B-Stock, a bunch of people jump on them, they don't really lose any money, (cuz if you can sell 10x's more of an item for a couple days in a row, you're still actually ahead of the game), and everybody who bought one reports back to the forum that they're were virtually perfect, reinforcing FAS' superior high standards, (they tell 2 friends, then they tell 2 friends...) which makes even more people buy from them...? Am I close, or I just got lucky? Either way, I had no doubt I'd be totally satisfied.
Sometimes they are returns... Or they may have a blem on the inside. I was told by someone at Fractal when I bought a flawless (as far as I could tell) Axe Fx II XL+ that something like a broken screw head inside would be b-stock.

ScottyB

Experienced
I just saw this post and was quite surprised to see there are still some B-stock items available. Since I still haven't found anything wrong with my other FAS B stock items, I grabbed another FC-6.

It's funny, but even after a decade of using FAS products, I'm still like a little kid on Christmas morning.

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I just unboxed my "B-Stock" FC-12 and EV-1, and there's not a damn thing wrong with them
Remember that B-stocks are created in two ways: 1) A cosmetic defect is discovered 2) A unit is returned within 14 days. The latter type are "scrubbed" and run through the entire production and QA process a second time. In the same way that "refurb" computers have extraordinarily low early failure rates, I suspect that these B-stock units are among the best and most reliable you can get, AND they come with the same warranty as A-Stock units.

One reason there are more B-stock FCs than other products is the fact that people buy both to determine which one they really want, or buy one, decide they want the other, and do an exchange.

TSJMajesty

Power User
Remember...
Nope. (The day I made the purchase) I looked all over the web site..., looked in the Wiki TOC for "B Stock." Couldn't find any definition. I didn't know they include returns. Maybe noting that somewhere on the site would help.

Top Bottom