Axeperts! I need guidance on recreating this effect.

The clip is from stems of my bands first record. It only occurs once in the song. But I've looped it so you can hear it a few times in one go.
The effect was created in post production with lots of editing and some plug-ins.

Any thoughts on how to approach recreating it?
There's obviously going to be a tremolo, a delay with loads of feedback, and some kind of modulation/filter/pitch shifting.

I've never posted a soundcloud link, so I'm going to apologize in advance if anything isn't working.

Thanks guys,

-Alex

You could probably recreate that with a jet flanger and very fast tremolo set to square! You might try an expression pedal to turn both effects on/off using auto engage..

Hope that's of some help!

Cheers

sounds like a killswitch and a flanger, if you're playing a guitar with two volume controls you could do it with the pickup selector. i'm not super well up on programming the expression pedals but i wonder if you can't fix the range such that it's essentially on/off; you could use that to control a volume block in the same way as a killswitc

Yeah, I don't think that's a pitch shift at all. I just sounds like a filter, like a Flanger, plus a killswitch or crazy fast and deep Tremolo.

yes, flanger and square wave trem. perhaps a high pass filter as well to take some bottom end off, if the flanger doesn't get you all the way there

Back
Top Bottom