AxePad?

orbantracs

Inspired
Anyone still using this? It would be a great tool but after all the firmware updates and now Axe Edit 3 I expect it doesn't even function anymore. The developers website hasn't been updated in over a year so it seems it may have been abandoned? Any info would be great!

Hi there, I am the guy who developed the AxePad app.

The project is not abandoned, although it may seem that way.

I am actually in the process to totally re-writing the app from the ground up, given the newer firmware changes etc. The older version relied on the same config files as Axe-Edit used to use, and when Axe-Edit development was stopped, it essentially meant that I couldn't move forward either.

Now that the latest Firmware on the Axe-FX allows us to interrogate the settings etc. directly from the device, I am going to be utilising this feature, which essentially means that AxePad can be 'self updating' to keep up with Firmware updates.

While working on the re-write, we have essentially come up with other utilities, such as AxeFXReporter and AxeFXCabManager etc. which I have posted on here.

Also, development of these utilities and AxePad have to be done around my real job which puts food on the table, so it has been slower than expected.

Hopefully towards the end of this year I can have a new release of AxePad for the iPad... Thanks for your patience.

Hi,
How is the rewriting of axepad going? Any news to share? Axepad seems to be the only way to make "on the fly" easy changes in settings while gigging or rehearsing, and I really need that!

Hi there, I am the guy who developed the AxePad app.

The project is not abandoned, although it may seem that way.

I am actually in the process to totally re-writing the app from the ground up, given the newer firmware changes etc. The older version relied on the same config files as Axe-Edit used to use, and when Axe-Edit development was stopped, it essentially meant that I couldn't move forward either.

Now that the latest Firmware on the Axe-FX allows us to interrogate the settings etc. directly from the device, I am going to be utilising this feature, which essentially means that AxePad can be 'self updating' to keep up with Firmware updates.

While working on the re-write, we have essentially come up with other utilities, such as AxeFXReporter and AxeFXCabManager etc. which I have posted on here.

Also, development of these utilities and AxePad have to be done around my real job which puts food on the table, so it has been slower than expected.

Hopefully towards the end of this year I can have a new release of AxePad for the iPad... Thanks for your patience.

Great stuff man. That's a pretty awesome thing to create. Fuck Darwin is hot by the way haha, I only lasted three months there. Cheers mate

Interesting! I'd love to use my iPad as larger / second display for AxeFX in a live setting. Will this be an included feature?

hi i just bought axepad but its not working correctly. the axe-fxII is receiving midi info but the app is not retrieving any info from the axefx. so no presets load. i am using the latest iPad and IRig midi2.

any help would be appreciated, not sure if i bought an abandoned product?

thanks,
Kurt

Back
Top Bottom