AxePad - iPad controller for Axe-FX is launched!

Hi all, Just to let you know that we have been working 'behind the scenes' with AxePad to make it stay in line with current Firmware releases. This means that we have changed a lot of things behind the scenes to read the parameter and settings information from the configuration files that come with Axe-Edit. Seeing as Axe-Edit has not really been updated since FW 7.0, we cannot really progress further until we can take a look at the latest version and see if we can pull the information from there.

Since AxePad is a simpler editor that Axe-Edit, all the basic parameters (which are common to all FW versions) are still there. Our goal was to give AxePad the same functionality as Axe-Edit, allowing you to edit ALL parameters and not just the basic ones - which is why it is critical that we can read the settings file, due to the immense complexity of the way the parameters work.

Like everyone else, we are eagerly awaiting the new version of Axe-Edit so that we can delve into the config files and see if we can extract information for our next release. The current version will work, but we want it to do so much more.

Are there any recommendations for cable connectivity with the new generation iPads? We've just upgraded to an iPad 4 and an iPad mini...

Are there any recommendations for cable connectivity with the new generation iPads? We've just upgraded to an iPad 4 and an iPad mini...

I'm hoping that IK Multimedia etc. will release their MIDI connectors with the new Lightning end, but until then, I believe you can use the 30pin to Lightning converters. Apple sell them for around $25, but I just ordered one from eBay for $5 and it just arrived today actually, so I will try it out and let you know. I haven't got the new iPads here, so I can't actually trial AxePad (which is an iPad only app), but I have an iPhone5 and a bunch of other MIDI apps that I can test to see whether it sends/receives MIDI OK. It should, because I have heard of others who have done it with success.

:)

Any word on when the amp section of axe pad will be updated? Lots of amps are missing
Thanks

At present, I am waiting on the new Axe-Edit to hit, because I want to use their configuration files for the new version of AxePad - that will open up the possibilities of editing ALL the parameters available on the Axe-FX.

However, you've raised a good point, and what I might do in the interim is to release a 'patch' version shortly that has the new amp and cab models so that they are selectable.

not currently available in the u.s. store ???

Hello all, (first time on this forum).

Maybe this has been already answered elsewhere if so my apologies.
I'm trying to get Axepad on the Appsstore in Itunes and I get the message "The item you've requested is not currently available in the u.s. store"
I live in canada...
Is there a way for me to buy in Itunes store from an another country ?

Last edited:
the axe-pad website is down. I tried messaging CyberFerret to see what is up. In the meantime can someone help me? I can't seem to get the app to connect to my axe-fx. here are my components:

axe fx standard
alesis midi to usb with the out on the cable plugged into the in on the axe and the in on the cable plugged into the out on the axe.
usb from the cable into a focusrite iTrack dock
ipad mini 2 plugged into the focusrite

i have got it working one way. when i change patches in the app it will switch patches on the axe. but i get nothing if i change a patch on the axe it doesn't change in the app and it doesn't display the patch names. so it is like the axe is not sending or the axe pad app is not receiving but the axe-pad app is sending and the axe unit is receiving. are there some settings on the axe itself I need to change?

when i set the settings in the app i have 3 options for midi source and destination. destination must be right since the unit changes when i change a patch in the app. that is "itrack dock itrackdock1" I also have the source set to itrackdock1 but there are options for itrackdock2 and network session 1, I tried both to no avail.

any help greatly appreciated.

I really doubt it will support the IIXL as the latest version of Axe-Pad was released in April 2012 ... about 2 years before the IIXL was released.

The problem is . It is still for sale and there is no support or anything any more. Should really be removed from the store. The website and any way of contacting them for any kind of support is gone.

Pretty shitty that it it still up for download then

Yep it is. I would love to support this, and almost purchased it. I wanted to make sure that it was compatible with the XL or the newer firmware for the older units and found that everything was gone and abandoned. Glad I didn't waste my money.

Well this is total crap! I just bought this app yesterday and needed some help with it and Elvis has left the building over 2 years ago! I hope you enjoy my $12 dollars ya crook!

Well this is total crap! I just bought this app yesterday and needed some help with it and Elvis has left the building over 2 years ago! I hope you enjoy my $12 dollars ya crook!

If you haven't already done this, you might contact the iTunes store, let them know the developer no longer supports the app, and ask them to take it down. Since it appears the developer doesn't want to do the right thing himself.

Thank you bkd_guitarist,
I was about to do that very thing when I decided to look on Facebook to see if he had a page there and sure enough he did. I posted on his timeline and he did respond and said that he is basically swamped with time but offered advice. I think the reason why he abandoned this thread was because he couldn't keep up with the requests and hasn't had the time to work on the app.

Back
Top Bottom